Valor Review - 1/2/05

Forchunut1

Sorry to bug you,:o but were you able to find out from your son how the whole teen club and teen dances worked for the 12-14 age group? I have a number of people that are interested in finding out. Thanks.

Caboose was open everynight and around the end of the FIRST show in the Ivanhoe there was music and a dance floor open for the 12 - 17year olds.

My son said he thought a different age was in dancing before the end of the FIRST Ivanhoe theater show..

But I wouldn't quote him on that...

thanks for the great review! We are looking forward to our March 6 W. Carib. sailing. Just have a few questions to ask - do you remember what the special was on the Absolut? How crowded was the topless deck (the thought has crossed my mind - only if we cannot find chairs elsewhere. Sure my hubby would love that!)? Any problems getting reservation time at Scarletts? thanks!!

dromMOM - thank you so much!!! My daughter will be thrilled to hear that the younger teens CAN take part in the teen dances. :D

no problem.. my son is anxiously awaiting to return on any ship... you see.. when we went to sit down at our assigned seating for dinner... there in front of him were 3 very attractive girls.. one was 13 and the other 2 were 14!.. He never missed a meal..lol

If you track down the Valor dec.19th roll call.. somewhere there is apic of him and the ladies..lol

The special on Absolut was two bottles for $20 which is a great deal. The topless deck was never crowded, in fact, I didn't ever see anyone up there. But, part of the problem was that they had some upper decks closed off because of the wind and the topless deck was one of them. But, if they weren't I would guess it wouldn't be too crowded because it is so out of the way.

They had a great deal on Absolut vodka if anyone likes that. They were also pushing Sheridan's which is imported from Ireland (not available in the U.S.) and has a divided bottle with dark coffee flavored liquer on one side and a white cream liquer on the other side. When it is poured it mixes together. They tell you they may run out before the cruise is over and people were really buying it, but we found it for significantly less in St. Thomas.

Thanks for the review! I've been reading up since I have a group of 21 and counting going in August!. If you live in the NYC area you can buy Sheridans at most of the liquor stores here if you don't want to lug it home

• 4 weeks later...

bajalover, there will definitely be some fun nightlife for her aboard a carnival cruise. The nightclub is the place to be all night every night and the majority of cruisers in there are in the 18-24 range....of course there are some older people but its tons of fun...I enjoy it soooo much!! Also the shows, comedy shows and if shes like me a quick little pull on the slots are always great! I wish she were going on my sailing...I'll be on the Valor July 3 with my best friend and my parents...(we'll both be 19). Anymore questions please feel free to ask. Happy Sailing!!

Archived