Pool temp - Mex Riviera in February?

mapman_2004

Hi all,

what is the pool temperature in February? Does it warm up as you head south? The ship goes as far south as Acapulco.

Any comments on the weather and snorkeling temperature in Manzanillo, Acapulco, and Zihuatanejo would be appreciated as well.

Thanks, and make sure your stomach is properly extended for Turkey Day!!!

I appreciate your enthusiasim in attempting to drive up your post count, but your answer didn't help.

I'm not sure why it didn't help, what Firefly said is correct, they drain and fill the pools daily with ocean water and as you go farther south, the ocean water temp rises, so the temp in the pools will rise also. February is probably one of the coolest water temps, but will still be warm compared to San Diego.

I'm not sure why it didn't help, what Firefly said is correct, they drain and fill the pools daily with ocean water and as you go farther south, the ocean water temp rises, so the temp in the pools will rise also. February is probably one of the coolest water temps, but will still be warm compared to San Diego.

You're right, I apologize. It just sounded like speculation, and I really was looking for answers from those that may have traveled around that time.

You're right, I apologize. It just sounded like speculation, and I really was looking for answers from those that may have traveled around that time.

Do a little searching of average water temps for the time you are sailing in the areas you will be sailing to....Whatever the ocean temp is, is what the pool temp will be and the differences in water temps from San Diego southward will probably not be that much different in degrees at all.

Do a little searching of average water temps for the time you are sailing in the areas you will be sailing to....Whatever the ocean temp is, is what the pool temp will be and the differences in water temps from San Diego southward will probably not be that much different in degrees at all.

Google isn't working, I was hoping some one with first hand knowledge could answer my questions directly.

Hmmmm......I've had a couple cruises where we were in port on the beach and the water was warm, but once back on the ship, the pool was much colder. Why would this be?

Hmmmm......I've had a couple cruises where we were in port on the beach and the water was warm, but once back on the ship, the pool was much colder. Why would this be?

When ship is travelling, they are in much deeper water and slower to get warm, thus the cooler temps vs. shallower beach water close to shore.

The reason why Acapulco weather follows this pattern is because the mountains are not that close to the city so the rain showers come later to the port. The other good thing about those late rains is that it helps the vegetation to grow better since the water is not dryed during the day but well absorbed by night.

Ocean water temperatures: the average ocean water temperature is 80°F. As of May/June, the oceans water temperature is climbing and climbing, from october to march the water gets colder.

But don't worry: the ocean will still be hot enough to swim in!

In general, Mexican ocean temperatures are perfect all year round.

Ocean water temperatures: the average ocean water temperature is 80°F. As of May/June, the oceans water temperature is climbing and climbing, from october to march the water gets colder.

But don't worry: the ocean will still be hot enough to swim in!

In general, Mexican ocean temperatures are perfect all year round.

If the sun is out all the the pools do heat up some from what the ocean temps are, thank goodness, because 80 degrees is too cold to me to swim in. Still too cold to me, Im a hot tub fan when I cruise the last week in January.

The sun factor is why no one can say exactly how warm the pools will be onboard. So, the OP was right it is all conjecture. A really sunny day will help the temps. A rainy day, uck, the pools dont warm up during the day.

If the sun is out all the the pools do heat up some from what the ocean temps are, thank goodness, because 80 degrees is too cold to me to swim in. Still too cold to me, Im a hot tub fan when I cruise the last week in January.

The sun factor is why no one can say exactly how warm the pools will be onboard. So, the OP was right it is all conjecture. A really sunny day will help the temps. A rainy day, uck, the pools dont warm up during the day.

Same with me regarding water temps... 84+ for me before I step into my pool ! :cool:

I am a hot tub fan too, but for certain I am not using those on the cruise ship.:eek:

At home, I control what is happening in my hot tub and know that it is properly maintained chemical wise and sanitation wise ;)

Happy Thanksgiving and have a great cruise !

Same with me regarding water temps... 84+ for me before I step into my pool ! :cool:

I am a hot tub fan too, but for certain I am not using those on the cruise ship.:eek:

At home, I control what is happening in my hot tub and know that it is properly maintained chemical wise and sanitation wise ;)

Happy Thanksgiving and have a great cruise !

hahahaha on the sanitation. I got folks on the RCL threads upset over posting a picture of a baby bare assed in the adults only hot tub. I honestly didnt notice the baby, was taking the picture to show how big the hot tubs are, huge. At least 5 people accussed me of photo shopping the picture (which I dont know how).

Archived