Guest pins are now if the gift shops

Chacooe

I just read this on John Heald's blog.

Good news for the pin lovers because all the gift shops now have the pins available for purchase and the Platinum guests will get theirs complimentary. The pins themselves are of a slightly different design and a little larger so I would appreciate your comments when you see them.

I just read this on John Heald's blog.

Good news for the pin lovers because all the gift shops now have the pins available for purchase and the Platinum guests will get theirs complimentary. The pins themselves are of a slightly different design and a little larger so I would appreciate your comments when you see them.

THANKS ~~!!~~ Could you be a little more specific as to the price in the gift shop, and the differences in the pins?? Are the Platinum pin and the ones for sale the same??? A picture would be very appreciated......

There are at present only 60 distinctly different pins ( not counting the die varities)..... So the number GROWS ??????? Certainly the mystery grows..

I can just see it now..... One day at sea devoted to a pin trading meeting.. LOL... MOVE OVER Disney.....

THANKS ~~!!~~ Could you be a little more specific as to the price in the gift shop, and the differences in the pins?? Are the Platinum pin and the ones for sale the same??? A picture would be very appreciated......

There are at present only 60 distinctly different pins ( not counting the die varities)..... So the number GROWS ??????? Certainly the mystery grows..

I can just see it now..... One day at sea devoted to a pin trading meeting.. LOL... MOVE OVER Disney.....

Joe

I will get pictures of the pins for you next week.

SCUBA Mark

Joe

I will get pictures of the pins for you next week.

SCUBA Mark

I will be more than happy to send money for a couple of them, just let me know how much..... Well, unless they are $24.95 each, then one will surfice....:)

They were $4.95 on the Inspiration. It was the carnival stack and "Inspiration" on it. I got one for someone. After I unpack and sort through everything I'll try to get a pic and post it. :)

This is very interesting, and mystifying

Carnival renamed all the Fantasy Class and the Holiday... "Carnival Inspiration", and the all the others Carnival "Ship Name" after their refits beginning in 2007, & 2008 and 2009 is the earliest I can date the Carnival Holiday pin.. The Inspiration was renamed Carnival Inspiration in 2007, and the past guest pins were produced with the new name " Carnival Inspiration", now over 2 years later, the "new" pins, "slightly different", are again being produced with the old single name?????

The next few month should prove to be a very exciting time for Carnival Past Guest, now Platinum pin/gift shop funnel pin collectors.... If indeed the new pins are different.... and it only makes sense that the free Platinum pin and the $4.95 pin would be different....

At present there are 65(correct addition) totally different Past Guest pins, not counting the major production varieties from the two or more Chinese companies making them...

Now this, which if the two new pins are indeed different, will place the total number of major difference in pin designs at well over 100....

We just came off the new "Carnival Dream" this past Monday and We are both Platinum Members and received 2 Pins. They are the Red, White and Blue Smokestack with words "Carnival Dream" on them. Never bothered to check them out in the gift shop.

I hope the Paradise has them (even tho it's a shorter cruise)

If they do, I would be happy to trade you one of the old Paradise pins for one of the new ones for my collection... If you have a choice I would really prefer one with "Carnival Paradise" on it..... Or I will be happy to purchase a new one.....

Thanks,

joebat1@swbell.net

This is very interesting, and mystifying

Carnival renamed all the Fantasy Class and the Holiday... "Carnival Inspiration", and the all the others Carnival "Ship Name" after their refits beginning in 2007, & 2008 and 2009 is the earliest I can date the Carnival Holiday pin.. The Inspiration was renamed Carnival Inspiration in 2007, and the past guest pins were produced with the new name " Carnival Inspiration", now over 2 years later, the "new" pins, "slightly different", are again being produced with the old single name?????

If I'm reading you right, you're saying the "old Inspiration pins" said "Carnival Inspiration", (Like all the rest?) I have a couple of "Inspiration" pins that I've had quite a long time, an they say "Inspiration", not "Carnival Inspiration". HMMMM,,,just looked in my stash of pins, and I also have a couple of them that do indeed say "Carnival Inspiration"? I'm quite sure I've had the "Inspiration" pins a lot longer than the "Carnival Inspiration" pins. As an expert on these pins,,,what's your read on this?

Ken

"SKY"

If I'm reading you right, you're saying the "old Inspiration pins" said "Carnival Inspiration", (Like all the rest?) I have a couple of "Inspiration" pins that I've had quite a long time, an they say "Inspiration", not "Carnival Inspiration". HMMMM,,,just looked in my stash of pins, and I also have a couple of them that do indeed say "Carnival Inspiration"? I'm quite sure I've had the "Inspiration" pins a lot longer than the "Carnival Inspiration" pins. As an expert on these pins,,,what's your read on this?

Ken

"SKY"

Sky, thank you for your very nice comment, but I am far from an expert... I have tried on many occasion to gain a little OFFICIAL Knowledge , but Carnival and it's executives are very mum on the subject.... It is beyond me why no one will give out any information....

A little information I have been able to piece together (and if anyone has any OFFICIAL information or first hand knowledge that is different..PLEASE SHARE, and correct me).

When Carnival purchased Princess in 1994, Princess had the Capitan's Club.. So Carnival began their Past Guest/Platinum Club... Princess had one design for all their ships, and as you moved up the scale(# of cruises/days cruised) there was a different design for each pin. Carnival decided to have the same design, but with each ships' name on the different pins.

You are quite right in that the single name Inspiration is older..

"Inspiration" 1996 through 1999

Inspiration 2000 (dated on the funnel)given out on New Years Eve and then until the limited number were given out.

Inspiration 2001 (dated on the funnel) given out on New Years Eve and then until the limited production was exhausted.

Inspiration Balance of 2000, balance of 2001 and from 2002 until the refit in 2007.

Carnival Inspiration 2007 until present...

John on his blog stated the new pins were slightly different. I am eagerly trying to get as much information(and actual pins) on the new pins as I can.... I am assuming there is also going to be a difference in the Platinum / VIP free pins, and the ones sold in the gift shops...

If anyone has any information please email me, or post it.

I would be happy to trade or purchase any of the new pins.

joebat1@swbell.net

Archived