NCL 1st time cruiser - help!

LaWeezy

We are having such a hard time finding a reasonably priced hotel near the Port of Miami for Dec. 13th. When I find a reasonable rate, I read the reviews and it sucks! Then I find one that is a little more $$ and pay for parking while on the cruise and shuttle service. If we park at the port its $20 per day so if we could find a hotel with secure parking that was not too $$$$ that would be good. Help! Also, I read a lot about other cruiselines but not much about NCL..........anything about NCL Sky?:p

We've only ever parked at the Port of Miami and drive down the same day. Yes, it is expensive to park at the port ... but since we're not flying, we figure it's manageable.

Have you checked out the Departures board for info specifically on Miami?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

You could search within that board for a hotel with parking.

There could be an accident or car theft anywhere ... so just be sure your car insurance covers your travel to the States. And as you know - lock valuables in the trunk and don't leave things like cameras, car remotes or cash in plain site.

Hope you have a great first cruise! :)

Thanks for the info. Some hotels just have open parking, but some have secure parking I have read, even some with garage parking. That's kind of what we were looking for. But your right anything can happen anywhere.

There are tons of reviews about the Sky on the NCL Board. There is also a lot of info about hotels on the Florida Departures board but I share your pain about finding a hotel pre cruise. I don't care about the parking but some place called the Ocean Spray in South Beach keeps coming back as an OK deal for the money. Compared to others in the price range it's seemingly clean & safe.

I took the info from the previous thread - I booked the Marriott for $129 + tax and hopefully free parking the call centre wasn't sure about parking but the call center said yes free parking so we shall see...........

Archived