Salt Water Pools? Are they enjoyable?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dentalchic:

I guess salt or fresh...no matter...as long as there are no babies with diapers in it...I'm good icon_razz.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

###

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;26;17;1;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 6/26/04

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

happysinglemom...I saw something that went into depths about your reply...it is a cruddy day up here in the Northeast...so while channel surfing...they had this piece how bleach is environmentally safe...it starts as salt water and then they add chloride.......once added back to water it basically reacts and turns back to salt water quickly...so I guess it isn't a problem for them to empty the pools into the ocean. My thoughts are if once added back into the salt water...it reacts to become salt water...why add it in the first place???

My first balcony on the Vision!!! 2/20/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

Salt water pools use a saltwater chlorinator. I don't know how the cruise lines handle their pools, but I assume it is similar. Here is an explanation:

A saltwater chlorinator essentially extracts the chlorine out of the salt cells by electrolytically converting salt, in the pool water, into chlorine as it passes over specially coated titanium electrode plates. Thereafter, salt need only be added occasionally, to replace that lost due to splash out, pump outs or backwashing. The device generates Free Chlorine and destroys odorous and irritating chloramines, as the water passes through the cell. Chlorine production is controllable by a setting and the equipment operates in conjunction with the timer controlling the filter. Properly used, there is much less sensation of chlorine being present.

I absolutely love salt water pools - they are so much more comfortable on the skin, AND they eyes. You don't need goggles either - I never wear them in the ocean. I think once people are familiar with them and understand how they work, they will eventually outnumber fresh water pools.

Adventure of the Seas will be our maiden cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;15;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

How do you know all this...I'm impressed!!! I followed you...I had to take an unbelievable amount of chemistry courses for my dental hygiene degree...they finally came in handy...my professor always promised me they would...lol.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I prefer the fresh, but I fine with the salt. Hey, it does give you more of a feeling of being at sea.

Carnival Holiday 8/95

Carnival Ecstasy 8/31/01

RCCL Voyager 8/18/02

RCCL Explorer 8/23/03

Till I board the Navigator of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;21;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I just love the salt water...because it is great for acne!!! I'm one of those unfortunte souls to still get acne at age 33 icon_frown.gif

Archived