Dawn is fully fuctional

tjaker11

I doubt the crew is happy with the "break". It represents a substantial cash void (unless there is something I'm missing here).

From what I've read in a couple of workers blogs, I think most would be happy to have a short breather. Are they getting one? NCL remarked to the effect that the ship is getting a good cleaning while they are in between cruises. Don't know how that translates down the line.

But, having employed hourly workers over the past number of years in a few different industries, let me pass on what I have observed, and continue to shake my head over the utter lack of logic. Whenever we ask if anyone wants to go home early, or even take the day off due to workload variance, the first people to raise their hands are usually those that need the money the most. I will never get it.

I've never run a business, but I've always wondered about that too. And many of the same folks will complain about no money, yet refuse OT time and again.

If I catch the mouse that chewed the wires, that connected the switch to the thingy, which contolled the whatamacallit, which caused the doohickey to shut down, and caused, oh my gawd, people to be without air conditioning for 12 hours, I'll fry that little b##tard !!!

Yikes! Bet you are REALLY happy NCL has got the problems figured out now don't you? However, that explanation was truly fantastic! LOVED IT! :D LOL'd pretty good at that and had the co-workers staring (:eek:). Sorry your Saturday got ruined but seems your sense of humor remains intact! :D

As a TA that spent my "day off" last Saturday trying to assist a hundred angry clients whose cruise was cancelled for 11/29 when every single ship in both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale were fully booked:

If I catch the mouse that chewed the wires, that connected the switch to the thingy, which contolled the whatamacallit, which caused the doohickey to shut down, and caused, oh my gawd, people to be without air conditioning for 12 hours, I'll fry that little b##tard !!!

oooh - one the joys of being a TA :D:D:D

The electric company here employs several cats (free food and vet fees for them) to catch mice and rats who would otherwise cause outages!

I've never run a business, but I've always wondered about that too. And many of the same folks will complain about no money, yet refuse OT time and again.

It's called personal responsibility. These are the usual suspects with higher than average sick leave use, 50k in revolving debt which they pay the minimum on, $200 CATV bill, owe more on their cars than they're worth...

They want it now while worrying about paying later.

The list goes on and on.

Cheers,

Norman

Archived