Hilton or Crane Beach resort - any kneeboarding

Tak8

Looking at a day pass for Hilton or Crane? Does anyone know is there is any kneeboarding available at either resort? My teenage son loved this on Aruba. Any preference to the resorts? Will be going for the day from a cruise ship.

No kneeboarding at Crane - just boogie board rentals. And Crane isn't exactly a "day-pass" kind of place. It's a public beach with public access & a hotel which has easier access. Crane has "access" passes for lunch guests, etc.

Hilton has day passes but I don't know if they knee-boarding? I think they have it at Bougainvillea Hotel (sp?).

Looking at a day pass for Hilton or Crane? Does anyone know is there is any kneeboarding available at either resort? My teenage son loved this on Aruba. Any preference to the resorts? Will be going for the day from a cruise ship.

We were at the Hilton Nov 30th. Very nice resort. Great surf that day for kneeboarding, but the only ones we saw doing it were local residents who brought their own - none available (that I saw) to rent.

FYI - just be aware that the day passes advertised may not be available when you get there. We made prior arrangements ( thru the Hilton web site) for day passes. When we got there, the $35 US day pass that included lunch and one drink was not avbl due to high occupancy was what we were told. The only thing they would give us was the $25 US day pass which included a chair/umbrella/change room/and use of all the facilities. We got all that EXCEPT took nearly an hour to get an umbrella!

We were still allowed to buy our own food and drinks (DUH??) - hamburger $18US - drink (Mai Tai) $10US.

Doug

No kneeboarding at Crane - just boogie board rentals. And Crane isn't exactly a "day-pass" kind of place. It's a public beach with public access & a hotel which has easier access. Crane has "access" passes for lunch guests, etc.

Hilton has day passes but I don't know if they knee-boarding? I think they have it at Bougainvillea Hotel (sp?).

All beaches in Barbados are public and there is supposed to be a public access available to each beach. the Hilton has an access just east (is that the right direction) of the hotel.. and you can hang out on the beach .. just not use a chair or umbrella.. all day for 0.00dollars.... I'm sure you can also order food without anyone asking a question.. trust me they wouldn't mind you paying those prices for food...

The Crane resort is much farther away and I wouldn't recommend it for a day visit, unless you day was more 6 or 8 hours.

Archived