Missed out on Dawn this weekend ;( NCL unwilling to rebook us ??

riekl

I find this ridiculous that NCL couldn't almost immediately program in all the discount codes. I get there's a lot going on, but hire temps to do this immediately. I'd be grumpy, too! At least they could confirm you were booked on the cancelled sailing and waive the need for final payment until the code showed up on screen, even if that was during your sailing.

They have options, I'm confused why they aren't using them. It's computer programming. I get that's not "easy" per se, but it doable.

The discount available will be an electronic entry on their profile. There is no need to have a certificate in hand before they can use it. It merely needs to be recorded first and will show under the same individual credited with the original booking. 5 business days!

I'm sure we talked to different people at NCL but I was told that they would need the certificate in hand to get the 50% credit. I hope your information is correct as it makes more sense than my information.

I always call the airline to confirm the flight. The hotel to confirm. The cruise line, etc. It's a pain but I've learned the hard way. Now I double and triple check.

It does take time to process all of the information. Think of EVERYTHING NCL is doing right now. Like you, this was unexpected to them. I am sure the phone bank is swamped. Maybe a supervisor could cut through some red tape for you. I will have my fingers crossed.

I really do feel for all of you. I know I would be crushed too.

I am wondering just what is in the contract... What does NCL really owe pax? Is the 50% a goodwill gesture?

This whole matter is a commercial for trip insurance.

I think it is more than fair and yes, everyone should have trip insurance, but that wouldn't have helped.. I don't know why you are saying it is a commercial for trip insurance. The passengers were given a complete refund plus 50% off their next cruise.

Nita

Called today spent 3 hours on with NCL got 2 different supervisors both in the end said the same thing call back on Friday they should have the discounts ready, far to late to cruise this weekend and if I'm unpacking then I'm done with NCL.

What horrible service this is, this part is definiately in NCL's control and they are flubbing baddly.

Called today spent 3 hours on with NCL got 2 different supervisors both in the end said the same thing call back on Friday they should have the discounts ready, far to late to cruise this weekend and if I'm unpacking then I'm done with NCL.

What horrible service this is, this part is definiately in NCL's control and they are flubbing baddly.

I have to agree with this. For people who travelled a long way, are already in town and want to book something to salvage their vacation, NCL should definitely be able to help out. The five day wait is nonsensical in an era where data flows in a nano-second.

I'm sorry things aren't working out better for you. I totally get why the cruise was cancelled but I don't get this.

I am so sorry for the passenger's who had to endure the situation onboard the Dawn, and I am equally sympathetic to those who were en route to the ship and unaware of the situation and really anyone who had to deal with the disappointment of not getting to cruise this week. Lord knows many of us book months or over a year out for these trips and we really look forward to them.

Yes, this is a terrific endorsement of the value of travel insurance. Unexpected things happen all the time and part of being a seasoned traveler is to be able to roll with the punches.

I know what I would do. I would book the Pearl cruise for the dates I want, I would go and enjoy it using my refund from the original cruise. While onboard I would buy a cruise reward and enjoy the $100 OBC, then when I get home from my wonderful cruise on a newer, larger, more beautiful ship and was in a relaxed, calm state of mind, I would book another cruise knowing that not only will I get an extra 50% off I also got a cruise reward to apply to that booking worth $250 that will hold that cabin until final payment.

Then I'd sit down with a wonderful glass of red wine and smile.

riekl, so sorry for all this disappointment, I do hope it all works out for you. I do agree there should be a mechanism in place to make this happen in a timely manner for those who want to fill those empty rooms. It seems absolutely insane to leave those rooms empty when people want them and it would give NCL the opportunity to exhibit some superior customer service. I hope you will make the most of this opportunity regardless what NCL does.

You can grab an inside on the Dawn for $349, balcony for $699 for 9 night southern caribbean.

You can grab an inside on the Pearl for $349, balcony for $659 for a 7 night eastern caribbean.

Both are nice ships, both are nice itineraries and the Dawn is especially a steal.

I know that you are rightfully pissed off right now, but if you can force yourself to take the really good deal now at full price, you can use the 1/2 off voucher when you want to cruise when it is more expensive, which is almost any other time of the year.

If tou think about it, you are hooking them both times. You can get on the Dawn for less than for less than $40 per day (cruise and port only) or the Pearl for as little as $50 a day.

Then use the voucher for Alaska or the Med or the Caribbean in HIGH season.

NCL is a good line that is screwing up. Get even by cruising them for a steal twice.

Archived