Excursion ?

ChristinaN

I'm just wondering if I should expect to pay the excursion rates for my one year old on our upcoming Carnival Cruise? We are planning on doing mostly beach excursions booked directly through Carnival. Specifically, Blue Lagoon in Nassau, Magen's Bay & Paradise Point in St Thomas & Divi Little Bay Beach Experience in St Maarten. Any thoughts on what to expect budget-wise?

SInce you know that you want to go to certain beachs on the islands.. save yourself time, energy and money and just take cabs to those places.

Aonopinion on St Thomas... taking the Paradise tram will cost you 30 bucks for your party of 3. Plus the fare to get to Magens Bay..

If youlooked into http://www.godfreytoursvi.com you will spend 40 bucks for the same 3 people...get taken downtown for 1,2 or 3 hours shopping. then taken on a two hour tour of the whole island..even the highest point of the island called mountain top- which has pretty awesome views like Paradise Tram.. after that its 2 hours to Magens bay--or any particualr beach.. then its back to the ship-

I should have added that we really want to stick to excursions on buses or boats b/c we don't want to lug the car seat and I feel really uncomfortable with local taxis. So to make things easier we just decided ship excursions would be best.

I second the vote on doing things on your own. It may be very very hot and you may end up with a very cranky child. We have always gone on our own and have travelled with our son, now 4, since he was a baby. I also was uncomfortable about the no car seat issue, but in reality the buses that the cruiselines use aren't any safer. I like being able to come and go as I please. It makes all of our lives easier and spares our fellow passengers having to listen to an upset child. ;)

Kids under 3 are free --unless they take a seat- (which kind of defeats your purpose of a carseat.. if he then takes a seat he pays full childs price-depending on the excursion could be 5-10 off the adult price. I got that off the carnival web page under the excursion section.

Guest Time2gocruzn

I have a 4 yo and a 1 yo. I just booked my excursion thru carnivals site. It was the Goff's Caye excursion in Belize. My 4yo has to pay but my 1 yo was free. BUT when I was on the website when I checked out the info for the excursion it had a baby bottle symbol by it which meant infants are free. If you go down to the bottom of the page there is a place to click on (sorry can't remember exactly what it was...FAQ maybe?) it states what they consider an infant and a a 1 yo qualifies. BUT I don't think that infants are free on all excursions, so you would have to check the site or call them to be sure. GL!

That's wonderful news! We want to do beach excursions that consist of a boat or bus for transportation so we don't have to worry about the car seat. I wouldn't get in a taxi without the car seat or anywhere with seatbelts for that matter so going via the ship makes it easier. So Tristan wouldn't be taking up a seat. I'm going to check Carnival's website more closely. I already did take a peek and didn't see any info regarding infants but I've obviously missed it. Thanks again for all your help.

Most excursions for toddlers are free - but pay attention when reading the descriptions online - some say that even infants pay. When we had our Carnival cruise planned - I researched ther FAQ on the excursions and found that most excursions don't charge for babies, but I found several that did - unfortunately we had to cancel that cruise. We just got back from a RCCl cruise and we did not have to pay for excursions for DD.

Archived