SPLENDOR - Mex Riviera - ship and port time difference?

eggypann

Cruising on the Splendor next Feb and trying to book some excursions. I've read lots about there often being differences between ship time and port time but never anything definitive. Seems it depends on the ship and the cruise!

Anyone out there who's been on the Splendor to the Mexican Riviera and can tell me if there are any differences? Thanks a lot!!!!:)

I've been on the Pride Several times and am getting ready to go on the Splendor. The first night they move the clocks ahead 1 hour and leave it there until the second to last night. This time is consistent with Cabo and Mazatlan so there is no discrepency. This time is also consistent with any arrival and departure times in all ports. In Puerta Vallarta things can get a little confusing. Puerta Vallarta is actually 2 hours ahead but the ship does not change in PV. If you are going on Canrnival excursions they will stay with Ship time. If you go out on your own you would need to remeber any clocks in PV will be an hour ahead of the ship.

Hope this helps

Archived