Questions on the Sun

skippycruises

Pros

Excellent Kids program

Nicely decorated ship but not too fancy.

Multiple dining options

A mostly friendly crew

Good size cabins(At least for NCL ships)

Well run main dining rooms.

Great sushi(But you do have to pay extra)

Good entertainment

Great cruise director(Colin)

Good photographers

Beautiful observation lounge

Nicely maintained ship.

CONS

Buffet gets too crowded

Passengers in rear cabins have to go thru crowded buffet to

get to ships pools.

Ship has too many tight spots for wheelchair passengers.

Pool area gets too crowded(As does every other cruise ship

Ive been on).

HLP

Yes,of course you dont have to walk thru the buffet. I worded that poorly. Albertiger is correct you can walk staright forward but most of the time it was still faster to

bounch your way thru the buffet. The sun only has two stalks of stairwells. One forward and one rear. So you will need to do a bit more walking to get to the pool area that way. But a peak buffet times it may well be perferred.

You could also go thru the Pacific heights rest. at times but sometimes they stop the follow when they are serving meals.

Albertiger, we were in your room9278 for the cruise right

after you (12/18). I was pretty impressed with it. Especially the bath room. By the way,where was the coffee table and chair did you guys pack it and take it with you?

HLP

Hello All,

We are past HAL cruisers in our late 20's thinking about trying freestyle on the Sun in November.. great prices:D Just wondering if anyone has pros and cons in the ship. Thanks!

Have to agree with HLP with these exceptions, we had a teenager with us (16) she did sign up for the teen program, but stayed with us, she never went back. There were only 16 teenagers on board when we were there, which was 11/13/04. We didn't have any younger children along with us so I can't comment on the kids program it self. The CD Colin is no longer on, at that time he was filling in for Linda who was on a vacation. I will say he is the best. The pool does get crowded, we are early risers so we were there early enough to get chairs. Our cabin was 0025 BA close to the atrium elevators every thing was very convenient to us. We loved the ship, crew, passengers were also great. Right now we are trying to decide between the Eastern on the new Jewel or back on the Sun.

http://community.webshots.com/user/fran0521 here is a link to our photos should you care to see them. My husband The Celler Dweller has a nice review of our trip is you care to read it, its under members review (Robert Johnson 11/04) he also had posted it here under NCL forum around 11/22/04. We were there the week of 11/13/04. If I can find the review on the boards, I will post it for you, I'm not too good at this but I will try.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is part of it, didn't do a good job. There are 2 parts I found it on page 20 if you want to read it.

REVIEW OF "THE SUN" 11/13 part 1

Freestyle was a first experience for us, we have cruised many times on traditional cruising, mostly on the SS Norway, we did enjoy the freestyle of cruising.

REVIEW OF “THE SUN’ 11/13

I will start off with embarkment, with a day-to-day review. Entertainment

What ever you do, have a great cruise, any questions feel free to ask.

HLP- you mean the coffee table was gone? (there never WAS any chair!) may be a good thing as I constantly had to move it this way or that! yeah, the bathroom was pretty great huh? hope you had as good a time as we did, we're doing Celebrity Constellation concierge class next.

p.s. did you find my binoculars? they went missing the first day and i never found them, luckily they werent expensive. :confused:

Sorry Albertiger, I didnt find any binoculars.

Yes, we had a great cruise as well. At first I thought the weather could have been better but after reading some posts from the cruise after ours, I was thankful it was as good as it was. Just kidding about the table and chair. Our

son was using the pull out couch so I guess they removed them. From what you say it was a good thing.

I thought I rememberewd a chair from newcruisers photos but could be wrong. Anyway that was a different cabin no.

Enjoy your next cruise,I think we will wait awhile until my daughter gets alittle older to go into the kids program.

We had over 500 children on board that week and my son

couldnt wait to go in every day. Maybe that explains the difference in the program from week to week. They had Santa visits and even gave away nice gifts to the children.

Have fun on Celebrity I hear there great.

HLP

Archived