Cigarette Prices on the Spirit

KajunCruiser

Dawn in the summer was 5 cartons of Marlboro or Marlboro lights for $131.80.

Carnival in October was 5 cartons for $100. (WOW $2 per pack). No limit. I saw some people buying a case for $1000.

I never smoked in my life but I felt like after seeing those prices. LOL.:)

Dawn in the summer was 5 cartons of Marlboro or Marlboro lights for $131.80.

Carnival in October was 5 cartons for $100. (WOW $2 per pack). No limit. I saw some people buying a case for $1000.

I never smoked in my life but I felt like after seeing those prices. LOL.:)

Um, No limit is not exactly correct. If they go over the allowed customs amount there are HUGE fines.

Um, No limit is not exactly correct. If they go over the allowed customs amount there are HUGE fines.

The allowed amount is one carton per person unless you buy them on one of the US Virgin Islands (St Thomas, St Croix or St Johns). I think American Samoa and Guam are also covered but I've never sailed in that area, ;)

You are allowed 5 cartons per person from the US Virgin Islands. We always bring 10 cartons home from St Thomas.

My husband asked me about this earlier, and I had not thought much about it until then.

We buy our cigarettes from a nearby Indian reservation. They are a unique brand, not like Marlboro or Winston. They are stamped with a map of the USA that states, "Native America." We've taken them on flights for years in the states with absolutely no problems. Should we anticipate any issues with customs? A quick internet search did not address this issue, but I admit I did not search very thoroughly.

Thanks so much!

how do you guys think we could get like 5 or 6 cartons each for me and my girlfriend we arent smokers but know tons of em and if i get them cheap i might be able to lure them on to cruising!!!! great to have tons of people willing to go dutch on a cabin!!!!

awesome benefit for such a small deed :D;):p:cool:

If you are on a cruise stopping in St. Thomas, as Mr. Lee says, buy them there. $99 for five cartons and actually cheaper than that if you go to where the locals buy them.

My husband asked me about this earlier, and I had not thought much about it until then.

We buy our cigarettes from a nearby Indian reservation. They are a unique brand, not like Marlboro or Winston. They are stamped with a map of the USA that states, "Native America." We've taken them on flights for years in the states with absolutely no problems. Should we anticipate any issues with customs? A quick internet search did not address this issue, but I admit I did not search very thoroughly.

Thanks so much!

I have never had customs stop and ask me anything about any pack of smokes I have ever brought back, and one time I bought back some that were cuban and clearly marked cuban. I have brought back four and five cartons of smokes before , and not from a US Virgin Island and customs never flinched. Not recommending anyone to do it, but just saying we have never had one issue.

If you are on a cruise stopping in St. Thomas, as Mr. Lee says, buy them there. $99 for five cartons and actually cheaper than that if you go to where the locals buy them.

I have never had customs stop and ask me anything about any pack of smokes I have ever brought back, and one time I bought back some that were cuban and clearly marked cuban. I have brought back four and five cartons of smokes before , and not from a US Virgin Island and customs never flinched. Not recommending anyone to do it, but just saying we have never had one issue.

I pretty much have to agree. Only once have they asked where I bought them (last years repo) and when I told him St Thomas he didn't ask to see the receipt.

Archived