Luggage Valet - Air Canada

southt00

Hi:

Can anyone tell me if the luggage valet program is eligible for Air Canada from FLL? Can we disembark at Port Everglades and have our luggage shipped to Miami?

Lastly, I believe in Port Everglades we have to claim our luggage for customs. Can I request bag tags for 4 bags, put three out the night before and then add our fourth small suitcase with our toiletries that we will be carrying off the ship to be transported to the airport?

Thanks..>T.

We just returned on Nov 6 from the Jewel repo in Miami, we were in a suite and took advantage of the valet service as it was a free perk, it was great. We were flying with Air Canada too. The form that we got in the cabin from our showed that there was a $20.00 fee for RCL to take advantage of the valet service, but i'd heard that suite guests could use the service for free. I went to guest relations and they told me that we didn't have to pay the $20.00 to RCL but that AC charged $15.00 for baggage handling. Well i wanted to confirm this with the concierge to be sure, she had another version of the same form which showed that AC doesn't charge anything for baggage handling, we signed up immediately.

It was great, we put our bags out in the hall before 11:00 pm, didn't see them until baggage carousel in Toronto. I'd gladly pay the $20.00 to RCL next time for the service, it was probably my one and only time in a suite.

if i remember correctly the form stated that you could NOT change the # of bags after a certain day and time, so no i don't think you can get an extra, RCL actually will print your boarding pass and give you the # from your bags tags so you can claim them at your home airport, so the quantity will have to match up.

Sorry not sure about arriving at FLL and departing at MIA, but i'm quite sure they will do it, it was a great way to end the trip.

Bon voyage.

Archived