Tips on how to find cheap airfare?

hlb76

We cant seem to find cheap airfare...... go figure! Anyone have any tips or tricks? We are finding flights from RST to MIA for about 1600 for 4 and up. I just cant believe how much it all costs!! I ahve never spent this much on airfare. Even out of MSP its not much cheaper:mad:

I use Airfare Watchdog. It's a cool little system where you put your departure airport in and each day at your request, they will send you all fare specials leaving from that airport. That's how I found our flight from Dallas to Miami. I had to watch it for a month or so to see the pattern and once I thought it was a decent deal, I bought tickets. In my case, the price went down two weeks later about $40 per ticket, but it was a gamble I didn't want to take. The websie it www.airfarewatchdog.com

Good Luck!

We cant seem to find cheap airfare...... go figure! Anyone have any tips or tricks? We are finding flights from RST to MIA for about 1600 for 4 and up. I just cant believe how much it all costs!! I ahve never spent this much on airfare. Even out of MSP its not much cheaper:mad:

I hear ya on that! I lived in Minnesota during my last cruise in Jan. 2006 and flights from the cities were sooo expensive. My family flew from O'Hare to Miami I think for like 170 rt and my ticket was 290 from MSP. I dont understand why it costs so much to fly out of there. And don't even think about Rochester because you have to connect in MSP anyways and it costs more. My tip, try sun country or southwest out of MSP depening on where you are going. I really wish Sun County flew out of Chicago because they were really cheap. Southwest also has lots of sales, so good luck! :)

That's just sad ! When I got notice today from KAYAK that you can fly from Baltimore to London for 490 something. Just sign up for all the travel notices you can to email you with specials - we just got $80 tickets from BNA to MSY one way. Also, airline direct tickets are sometimes cheaper, just be diligent.

Archived