Just back from Sensation - any questions??

jackdis

Hi Everyone,

Happy belated Thanksgiving! We were on the Thanksgiving day departure cruise onboard the Sensation with a stop in Nassau. I didn't take notes and it was only a 3 nighter, but feel free to ask if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer.

We left from Cape Canaveral. Nice weather in Florida. Great weather the day we were in the Bahamas. We were pleased, as always! It was a nice little getaway. One wish.....that it was a longer cruise, of course!!! But this fit our schedule perfectly!!!

We stayed in a window room on the main deck. There were four of us. Kids attended the club at times. (Ages 4 and 11.) We had early seating dinner (6pm).

As I'm sitting here in the cold NY weather, wish we were still there!!!!!!!

Hi There! So glad to hear you had a great time! I just posted about our upcoming trip on Sensation! First Cruise! We are surprising our children at Christmas!

Was the ship decorated for the holidays? I assume they will keep them up while we are on board (between Christmas and New Years)?

I am a little nervous about the first day - dont know what to expect but this board has been great ! so full of information!

Did you stop in Nassau? We are taking the kids to Atlantis to see it - can't go there and not I guess. Did you stop there?

Did you stop in Freeport? We are thinking of doing the Wyndham excursion and wondered if you had any feedback?

Thanks so much for the help! I can't wait - just hope I don't get seasick! The waves and I don't usually get along. I'm praying for calm seas!!!!!

Thanks again

Hi There! So glad to hear you had a great time! I just posted about our upcoming trip on Sensation! First Cruise! We are surprising our children at Christmas!

Was the ship decorated for the holidays? I assume they will keep them up while we are on board (between Christmas and New Years)?

I am a little nervous about the first day - dont know what to expect but this board has been great ! so full of information!

Did you stop in Nassau? We are taking the kids to Atlantis to see it - can't go there and not I guess. Did you stop there?

Did you stop in Freeport? We are thinking of doing the Wyndham excursion and wondered if you had any feedback?

Thanks so much for the help! I can't wait - just hope I don't get seasick! The waves and I don't usually get along. I'm praying for calm seas!!!!!

Thanks again

Hello!

Yes, there were pretty Christmas decorations. That was actually the first thing I noticed when we walked onto the ship. It really made it feel extra special and got me in the holiday mood, especially since it really didn't feel like Thanksgiving Day to me on the ship. (I'm not complaining at all though!!)

Don't be nervous about the first day. Get there early, if you can. We were onboard by about 12:30. We ate lunch and explored the ship. It's not a big ship....I think it will be perfect for your first cruise. We looked around and then checked out our cabin. (Cabins were available at 1:30. We only had small luggage which we could have carried with us, but did check it in, and it showed up in our room very quickly.) We had family with us on the ship, do we sat by the pool and relaxed, watched sailaway, and then went to dinner and the show, followed by some more exploring.

We didn't go to Atlantis this time, but we have been there. It's gorgeous. On the Nassau day we went to the Hilton with the kids and enoyed some time at the beach. At night we did go to Senor Frogs for a little while.

Our ship did not stop in Freeport.

There was a little motion the first night, but not bad at all. Bring some seasick meds, just in case.

We did the Behind the Scenes tour of the ship on our at sea day. Excellent. We loved it!

Have a great time......these boards are the best!!!!!!

How was embark and debark? I am used to Miami, but am taking the Sensation for a NYE cruise.

Easy!!! Got on with very little lines....one of the quickest times on we have ever experienced.

We walked off with our luggage. Also easy. Had breafast in the dining room at 7:30, went back to cabin to get bags and left around 8:45. We weren't in a rush.

All went smoothly.

Archived