Waikiki Luau

jenny368

Is there a luau that is good near Waikiki (we will be staying post-cruise) at the Pacific Beach Hotel?

If there a luau that is good near the pier where we will dock in Honolulu? We will be staying there overnight on our ship (Infinity)?

Thanks for any information.

Most of the "big" tourist luaus are on the leeward coast or near the north shore - both a considerable distance from Waikiki (but with bus pickup from most hotels). In Waikiki itself, several hotels have their own house luaus. I've heard the one at the Sheraton is decent and the Hale Koa is pretty good.

The ship will dock in downtown Honolulu, about 3 miles from Waikiki. It's near some good restaurants and bars, but no luaus.

The Royal Hawaiian Luau is fairly close to the Pacific Beach, but they only have the Luau on Mondays. We enjoyed it very much, if you would go, be sure to book online as there was a 20% off coupon. If you can't get to a luau, by all means walk over to the shows held nightly at the Prince Kuhio Hula Mound right on the Beach. They usually have a local Halau(hula school) performing beginning around 6 pm and they also have the torch lighting ceremony. I like to refer to it as a poor man's luau as there is a Mc Donalds right across Kalakaua Ave from it and you can grab a meal to go, and watch the performance.

I did the Royal Hawaiian a few years back and enjoyed it as well. I really did not like the Paradise Cove experience, but that's MHO (really really bad food:eek: ). PCC on the north shore, IMHO, is worth the trip if you have the time.

Archived