Mariner Circle South America- excursions

clewiskids

Suggest you first get on the website and register yourself as booked, and see what is available....seem to be some problems on the site for some cruises. I've done mine, and for this cruise, one excursion I wanted was showing sold out.

We did the segment from Lima to BA. The excursion we liked best was the visit to the Otway Penguin Sancturary in Punta Arenas. (The penguins were all over the place and it was easy to walk around because there was a boardwalk sort of thing.

We also loved our day in the Falklands, visiting the battlefields. But we had a somewhat unusual experience since we participated in the Circle of Interest and had a RN Commodore as host who had been shipwrecked (twice in one day) in the war. Also the guide was the former head of the Radio station in Stanley and had worked all the way through the occupation. And one of the participants was a British general who had headed up the "mopping up" operation after we got the islands back. So it was really special. But even without these gentlemen, the tour would be very interesting.

We did not much enjoy the tour of Valparaiso and as far as Antofagasta went - "Antoforgetit"!! But the walk in the Patagonia Nature Reserve was superb and so was the trip to the Emerald Lake from Puerto Montt.

Archived