Majesty of the Seas?

joesnoopy

Hey, look! Is that the Majesty of the Seas I see??? :eek:

4157428224_37764d458d_o.jpg

NOPE! It's a clever facsimile!

My wife and I regularly cruise on Royal (we're cruising on the Voyager on 02/21/10), and we are also in the process of starting a canal cruising business on the European inland canals, where we'll offer weeklong charter cruises on a converted Dutch barge.

On a recent scouting trip in Europe, we were in the Canal des Houillères in France. The canal is in Lorraine, on the French/German border, in an area not frequented by many English speakers. We came through a lock, and I had to rub my eyes as I saw this in the distance!

It's a canal boat that has been fitted with an outer shell to mimic the look of the Majesty! This boat is about 100' long. I know absolutely nothing about the story behind it. Who took the time and effort to do this? Why was it in this particular little-known canal? Who knows??? :confused:

Anyway, here's a closer picture of the side of the boat. Look at all the portholes they cut in the side! Check out the detailed lifeboats! Is that CRAZY or what!?!

4156668243_4a56c7d018_o.jpg

-Toby

Thanks for the links and the backstory! From the photos. the interior looks as amazing as the exterior.

This thing really is mind-boggling when you see it. From a distance, my eyes and my brain were struggling with each other because it really does look real, but you can tell it isn't the right size!

-Toby

Archived