Anything to do at Port of Miami?

mnm847

I will be arriving in Miami at 9AM and my cruise does not embark until 4 PM. I have plenty of time and was wondering if there is anything to do/eat (walking distance) at the port.

Thanks!

No nothing of interest to do at Port of Miami. Having said that Arriving MIA at 9 is not bad. That means you could be at the port by 10 and could board by 11. You will not be able to access your stateroom until 1 but you can start your vacation early by relaxing at the pool with a refreshing drink or early lunch in the WJ

There is NOTHING to do at the port, and walking from Dodge Island (the port) to anywhere will prove difficult if not impossible (think long high bridge and not such nice surroundings). While Miami is the number 1 cruise port in the world, it is also the 9th largest cargo port in America; so that makes for a lot of truck traffic around the area.

That being said if you get here at 9am, you will probably get your bags at 930, by the time you grab a cab and head to Port of Miami it could be 10AM+ Just head over to check in at the port....you should be able to board the ship early and avoid the crowds.

I would just take your time getting from the airport over to the Miami Cruise Ship Terminal so that you arrive at around 9:30 to 10:00 AM and after checking in your bags just wait till it is time to check in for the cruise. Having extra time is always good and nothing is right in the immediate area to go to.

Keith

Archived