My concern with cave tubing...

Counsel

We will be going on the Dream in February, and I really want to do the cave tubing, but my wife is concerned that it will be too cold. She tends to get chilled easily. Any ladies out there that can reassusre her that she would be warm enough, or is she right? Thanks!

Bruce

It is a great excursion. Reggie is fantastic. We had a sharman with us as we walked up and he pointed out the local flora . We then went into a small lagoon like area- with our tubes.. we then tubbed (floated) thru a number of the caves, then came out an tubbed (floated) in the sun- seeing the forest around us. It was spectacular!

We went cave tubing in Jan. 2009. I believe the air temp was approx. 82 degrees. We had to cross the shallow river pretty early in the hike thru the jungle. Water was cool but only our feet and ankles got wet. As we hiked further into the jungle, we thought there is NO way we could do this in July and Aug. if the air temp. was much hotter.

We were sweating pretty good when it was time to get into our tubes. YES, the water was c-c-cold and YES, she'll probably scream when getting wet...I DID. However, it DID feel good and refreshing from being hot. The "coldness' wore off pretty quickly before even going thru the first cave. I did wear an over-sized, short sleeved T-shirt over my bathing suit which may have helped with keeping me warmer.

They have changing areas after the excursion and it felt good to get into dry clothes. Our beach bags were pad-locked inside dot com's bus. Although I carried my important things with me in a water wallet, SeaPass, credit card, etc.

Also, I "placed" my belongings in a certain way on the bus just to see if anyone would mess with our stuff. I'm happy to report that nothing was touched.

Hope this helps convince your wife to go.

Archived