Dolphin Adventure

running girl

The Dolphin Adventure is over in Tortola, in the BVI. That is why you need the extra time, because you will need to go through C&I to enter the British Virgins (and again when you return to the USVI). I believe you end up with about 30 minutes swimming time with the dolphins. Here is a link to their website http://www.dolphindiscovery.com

OK, after looking at it a little more, I understand why they are listing it as 5 hours. It is because of the ferry schedules. The Road Town Fast Ferry leaves Charlotte Amalie at 8:30 am. The return afternoon ferry doesn't leave until 2:30 pm.

If you really want to do the dolphin encounter, I would book directly through their website. I suspect that the RCI excursion is not the most expensive encounter. You can get the Royal Swim and ferry transportation right off their website for $155. You will obviously have some extra time before the 2:30 ferry so you can explore Tortola a little bit.

I did the royal swim this past March and it was a total BLAST:D. Worth every penny. I pre-booked on my own. My ship actually stopped in Tortola though so it was much easier for me. No need for a ferry or going thru customs. Unless you find something else you really want to do, I'd go for it. Nancy

Archived