Cozumel question

Buster27

Would anyone happen to know of something fun we could do in Cozumel that we could book on our own and does not involve the water?

Hopefully something someone has booked themselves and they know to be reliable and safe?

Thanks so much.

After seeing the way the locals drive in Cozumel, that would be the LAST thing I would want to do..they drive like maniacs!!

Lots of folks go to Tulum..

Renting a car and driving around the island is not bad. Just watch for the one way streets and stop signs in town.

If you choose Tulum, I'd recommend booking through the cruise line. Too many travel variables to risk on your own, at least for us. Transportation to and from the ferry pier, ferry to the mainland (Playa del Carmen), taxi or bus from PDC and back, ferry back to Coz). If there are any glitches, you may miss the ship.

Other options in town include the museum, shopping, eating, walking along Ave 5 or 10 away from the majority of the cruise traffic.

After seeing the way the locals drive in Cozumel, that would be the LAST thing I would want to do..they drive like maniacs!!

Lots of folks go to Tulum..

Ditto!!

With the possibilities of what all that could go wrong,

there is no way I would rent a car and go driving around.

We did the cooking class. It was the one you have to book through the cruise line, but we left right after the class and didn't stay for the beach. We caught a cab to town and had a nice wonder. Bought local ice cream, then beer and chips/salsa/guacamole...yummmm

You could always do the cooking class with Josephina. Many have said it's really good. You book Josephina's class directly with her.

Ditto on nix to the car/jeep rental. There are just too many problems/potential probs down there with cars/liabilities etc. There was a post last year from a woman whose husband was involved in a probably staged "accident" @ the gas station while refueling the vehicle to return it. They spent SEVERAL hundred dollars for the "damages", almost missed the boat and I think @ one point were taken to some jail for "investigation". I'm sorry but this is MExico, there are risks. Spend the few extra bucks and go on a tour!

Archived