Has anyone tubed through the jungle, not the caves

artistsj

My husband and I would like to know about the Jungle River Tubing and Mayan Ruins Site. This tour is offered on the Norwegian Sun at Belize. Has anyone taken this tour from the Norwegian Sun or a private company? I see a lot of postings for the cave tubing, but I really want to see wildlife as opposed to cave walls. Please tell me anything you know even if it is second hand info and it was a ship mate that told you. Thanks:confused:

My boss here at work took this excursion.

First off, be sure to pack alot of bug repellent for the tubing and hiking.

Secondly, there was a fair amount of walking through the jungle to get to the ruins. The ruins were quite impressive he mentioned, so if you can manage the strenuous parts of the trip, it should be worth your while.

• 3 weeks later...
My boss here at work took this excursion.

First off, be sure to pack alot of bug repellent for the tubing and hiking.

Secondly, there was a fair amount of walking through the jungle to get to the ruins. The ruins were quite impressive he mentioned, so if you can manage the strenuous parts of the trip, it should be worth your while.

Thank you for your reply. I have not gotten any other info on the Jungle Tubing. I think it sounds great. I hope more people will tell me about their experience. SJ

I'm 67 and I thought the jungle tubing was GREAT and I will do it again. I didn't need bug spray and the RUINS were okay, but not all that great. they were still digging the site out. the guide was terrific. The walking you had to do, which wasn't all that much was very easy. It was thru a 450 acre orange orchard at the end of the run and it wasn't that far to the camp site and the meal you receive. Beans with rice, chicken and salad (slaw). Pretty tasty. Have Fun !!!

• 2 weeks later...

We returned last Saturday from the 2/05 NCL Sun and did the river tubing in Belize. We're both 51, and the boyfriend has a bad knee, and we did just fine. Peter was our guide and the trip through the Belize countryside was beautiful (about an hour). There was a short walk through the jungle to a pavilion/bathroom/gift shop where we stored our belongings and people could rent water shoes ($6), then we boarded a tram for another short ride through the orange groves. Once there, we picked up our inner tubes and life jackets and entered the river. The river was slow moving and shallow, and it was great just slowly floating downstream. After almost an hour, we reached the ruins, got a short history lesson that was very educational (I'm a history major), then walked back through the orange grove munching on juices oranges to the pavilion for a delicious lunch. We both loved this trip and highly recommend it for all ages. My daughters did the cave tubing in Belize and it sounded more strenuous.

Linda from Chicago

Archived