Carnival meals?

sunflwr19

I have a few questions about meals in the dining rooms on Carnival cruises (I have been on one before but it has been a few years and I can't remember). Can you order more than one entree? If you want to order two entrees but don't think you can eat that much, can you order both but as smaller portions? Also, I think I heard somewhere that you can order a stake any night of the cruise, even if it is not on the menu. Is this true? If so, my bf will be in heaven!! :p

I have a few questions about meals in the dining rooms on Carnival cruises (I have been on one before but it has been a few years and I can't remember). Can you order more than one entree? If you want to order two entrees but don't think you can eat that much, can you order both but as smaller portions? Also, I think I heard somewhere that you can order a stake any night of the cruise, even if it is not on the menu. Is this true? If so, my bf will be in heaven!! :p

Yes you can order as many entrees that you want. For that matter you can order extra items of anything on the menu.

No they don't bring smaller portions. I tried it. They just bring out a whole other plate.

All the entree portion sizes are the same, so if you want to order two entrees, you may order one, and when you are finished, the waiter will bring you another, if you are still hungry. Rarely will they bring you two entrees at the same time. But they certainly don't frown upon your ordering two entrees.

If you see nothing to your liking on the menu, yes, you may order a baked chicken breast or sirloin strip steak, w/baked potato.

Thanks for all the help!! I was really worried about my boyfriend finding something to eat. He is a big meat-eater but really picky when it comes to everything else. So the chicken or steak would be right up his alley. Thanks again!

I have seen it where people have actually ordered items that are available though the buffet - or - if he is really picky they will bring him a burger, hot dog or pizza. The important thing is that you are eating together. I love the dining room and the "shows" and try not to miss a meal in there.

Thanks for all the help!! I was really worried about my boyfriend finding something to eat. He is a big meat-eater but really picky when it comes to everything else. So the chicken or steak would be right up his alley. Thanks again!

You should be comfortable that your boyfriend will find something on every dinner menu. Every night will include some beef or poultry dish. Typically, you will have one beef, one poultry, one fin fish, one shell fish, and one pasta. Even the most finicky eater can find something.

Yes, you can be assured even the pickiest of eaters won't go hungry! My hubby is the pickest eater I've ever seen. He won't eat seasonings or condiments other than salt, black pepper, catsup and barbeque sauce!! And yes it's a pain to cook for him! lol He didn't like anything on the dining room menu so jokingly asked for a peanut butter sandwhich. They brought it to him. And every night after that the waiter would grin at him and say "Peter Pan for you?"- and bring it to him!! It was toasted and served with potato chips. I on the other hand ordered 2 entrees many nights just to try new things!

By all means order two different items if you like. On the Paradise last September, both were brought at the same time.

Encourage your boyfriend to try something different - he may find something new to his liking. I am a big steak eater, and loved the Beef Wellington. Vacations are all about getting away from the same old thing, work, home, ect. Why shouldn't the dining experience be different as well?

I never tried ordering more than one thing but I plan to try as much as I want this next cruise :)

As for finding something to eat, I'm literally the pickiest and most finickey eater of anyone I know and I gained six pounds on my last Carnival cruise. Of course, because I'm such a finickey eater, I lost it within the first four days we were home LOL.

Whether it be in the dining rooms, the Lido deck buffets, or room service, there's ALWAYS something appealing being served :)

• 1 month later...

Bahia, not sure what your question is...?

If it's about steak and baked potato, yep you can get it any night of the week on any of Carnival's ships. And no, I haven't done that on the Holiday, because I like all types of food and sometimes have a hard time deciding which I really want - because everything sounds so good!:) I know I can order two entrees - but I never order two of anything except lobster tails.

If you're asking about lunch (in the dining room), I don't think they'll bring steak at lunch, but they do have a great "Mongolian Steak Salad", and will serve you a big hambuger and fries at lunch.

Willow - You're talking about the Lido Deck buffet restaurant? Yes, they have burgers, pizza, salad bars, etc. every day for lunch, plus lots of hot foods like any regular buffet restaurant.

Jake - No Supper Club on the Sensation.

Archived