Rotterdam Drydock Progress

PCruzer

From the HAL blog:

Rotterdam’s Signature of Excellence Upgrade Continues

Geene | December 7th, 2009

Here on Rotterdam the Signature of Excellence upgrade dry dock continues as our sea lions near the Lido pool are unimpressed by all the bustle going on around them.

The Passenger Fitness Center was turned into the tailor shop, and the photo gallery is now serving as the upholsterers’ workshop where all new cushions for the showroom at sea are being fabricated.

rtdm-sealions.jpg

rtdm-sea-lions.jpg

rtdm-gym.jpg

rtdm-dry-dock.jpg

Rotterdam Dry Dock Continues

Nicole | December 3rd, 2009

Jan-Volkert Leeuwenberg, Rotterdam’s purser, sent us this note and pictures from dry dock.

Greetings from sunny but windy Freeport, Bahamas! These photos are from Rotterdam’s dry dock in Freeport. After a couple of days removing the “good and old” it is time to build the “new and exciting” Rotterdam.

Kind regards,

Jan-Volkert Leeuwenberg

Purser, ms Rotterdam

rtdm_drydock-6.jpg

rtdm_drydock-1.jpg Rotterdam in dry-dock at Freeport, Bahamas.

rtdm_drydock-3.jpg

rtdm_drydock-4.jpg

rtdm_drydock-7.jpg

rtdm_drydock-8.jpg

Not sailing on the 16th is not an option. The workers are still staying in the hotel due to all the works going on at the stern, though I believe they will be moving onto the ship later this week.

There is a shuttle bus running to and from the hotel, however my other half has been working lots of long days and is mostly having to hop in a taxi to get back to the hotel as he's been too late for the shuttle.

He's not really gone into THAT much detail as to what he's doing, but he's been working in the show lounge, crows nest bar and also working on putting in a LED wall in the atrium (I think!?) somewhere.

Anyway, for purely selfish reasons, that ship HAS to sail back on the 16th so that he catches his flight and gets home on the 17th - I'm counting down the days! :o

I will be embarking on the ship the 16th, regardless. Of course if it does not

arrive in FLL, then I will not.

If they have too skip some ports, they can start with Aruba, PR and the private island.

Just don't leave out Colombia and San Blas Islands.

The work looks like it is coming along well. They learned alot from the Veendam.

Greg

Archived