Divi Little Bay

loves2cruz

Is it possible to walk to Divi Little Bay from the cruise ship terminal. About how long of a walk is it? Also, can you rent chairs and umbrellas there for the day? What was the cost?

Any decent snorkeling off shore there?

Thanks

Is it POSSIBLE, yes.

Would I suggest or recommend it? NO.

It would be nearly 2.5 miles from the foot of the pier to the beach at Divi Little Bay. Much of that is along protected sidewalks, or along the Boardwalk or could be along Front Street and shopping, but the last near half mile would be up and over quite a hill, along Link-1, the closest thing that St. Maarten has to an expressway, with a narrow, uneven 'sidewalk' alongside.

Taxi to Little Bay should be $4 per person, each way.

th_DSCN3854.jpg

(click)

Chairs and umbrellas are available, though I don't know the cost. There is reportedly decent snorkeling available off to the left of the beach, and that is where the Tiki Hut Snorkle Adventure is located.

Divi photos here.

gary

I would think that it would take about 45 minutes to walk to Little Bay from the cruise dock. For me it would be cheaper to take a taxi. I would have to stop ever 15 minutes for a drink and I would be lured into the shops to cool off which can prove very costly.

Archived