Gumbalinda park, Roatan

sas80

Hi all!

Question - if you've been to Gumbalinda park in Roatan exactly how did you get there>

We are looking to go but we would prefer to avoid booking thru the cruiseline as it always costs more.

thanks for any info! :)

Hi all!

Question - if you've been to Gumbalinda park in Roatan exactly how did you get there>

We are looking to go but we would prefer to avoid booking thru the cruiseline as it always costs more.

thanks for any info! :)

Booked through the cruise line, sorry. What a beautiful park - and the monkeys could not have been cuter!

If I went back to Roatan, I might consider Victor Boden - he has monkeys too - and everyone raves about him.

Booked through the cruise line, sorry. What a beautiful park - and the monkeys could not have been cuter!

If I went back to Roatan, I might consider Victor Boden - he has monkeys too - and everyone raves about him.

We did a Victor Bodden tour and saw the animals at his house. Truthfully, I was left with the feeling that these animals were literally trapped, not as well cared for if they would have been in a zoo and are strictly kept to make Victor $$. Just not a good feeling about it.

Even the turtles in GC, the ones that are raised for food, have a better deal....

I don't know anything about Gumbalinda, or how set you are on going. But I do know that we just got back and did Tabayana with kids (in varying ages) and kids and adults loved it there. It was my favorite stop of the whole week. The water was calm and shallow for wading, the facilities squeaky clean, plenty of shaded areas if you prefer and the sand nice and soft...it was amazing.

I don't know anything about Gumbalinda, or how set you are on going. But I do know that we just got back and did Tabayana with kids (in varying ages) and kids and adults loved it there. It was my favorite stop of the whole week. The water was calm and shallow for wading, the facilities squeaky clean, plenty of shaded areas if you prefer and the sand nice and soft...it was amazing.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm not ready to take on the stress of exposing the kids to full beach sun all day so we are not looking to do a "beach day" just yet. Not only would that involve diligent sunscreen application but the baby is only 1 so I have to keep a good eye on her.

When she is old enough for me to watch from a beach chair, have fun on her own, not eat sand, etc, then the beach is the place we shall be!

Hi. Take a private taxi outside the fence (negotiate price BEFORE getting in) and have them take you to the park. It is before you get to Tab. beach at West Bay. About 15 minutes from the dock in Coxen Hole and 35 minutes from the new Carnival dock. Part of the park is on that same beach (only a bit north) so you could still enjoy the beach if you wanted.

thanks for the info! we are going to be coming in on RCCL. any idea how much a taxi would be one way? is it easy to get a taxi back to the ship from the park?

Archived