Free upgrades and lower prices now... :(

cbressler76

I just checked the place (I don't think we are allowed to mention what place) that we booked our cruise at......now they are offering free upgrades & lower prices..... :mad: Do you think if I called and complained that they would upgrade us? Thanks!

DW and I called when prices dropped after we made final payment. We didn't get any OBC, but were upgraded to extended balcony cabin.

I just wanted the free upgrade also....lol.... :) I'm going to call and try.... The worst they can say is no.. :(

:( I booked with my Travel agent as an ES and she assured me this would be rock bottom price. The sailing is this Sunday 12/13 and now the price has dropped $70/pp. I called and she said since final payment was made she didn't think Carnival would do anything about it. I don't want money I just want an upgrade.

This happened in the past and I called Carnival and they said since Ibooked with an outside agent they wouldn't do anything about it and they didn't - and it was a transatlantic! I'm mad!

Any suggestions???????

:( I booked with my Travel agent as an ES and she assured me this would be rock bottom price. The sailing is this Sunday 12/13 and now the price has dropped $70/pp. I called and she said since final payment was made she didn't think Carnival would do anything about it. I don't want money I just want an upgrade.

This happened in the past and I called Carnival and they said since Ibooked with an outside agent they wouldn't do anything about it and they didn't - and it was a transatlantic! I'm mad!

Any suggestions???????

If your TA booked it as an ES, then they can deal with Carnival. You are supposed to be able to get price drops after your final payment, I think up to a few days before the cruise...

Any suggestions???????

Carnival is correct that they cannot help you since the booking belongs to the TA.

On the other hand what kind of TA do you have that doesn't even know the rules for what she's booking?

Or is she playing dumb because she doesn't want to lose any comission or is just too lazy to do the work?

Bill

When the price dropped and we had booked through a TA - she called and stayed on Carnival until we got an upgrade. It would be very poor customer service for the TA not to pursue this - - - otherwise booking with her ultimately cost you.

Last year our room price dropped, we had booked through a TA, and we had paid in full. I called Carnival and they said they couldn't give me OBC, but we could get an upgrade because the ship wasn't sold out. We had a category 9A on the Freedom with the back wrap around balcony so we didn't want to upgrade to the category 11 or 12.....we wanted the wrap around balcony.....so we just kept what we had and didn't get the lower price.....but it was our choice.

Depending on what you're upgrading to.....an upgraded room might be all sold out.

Archived