Red sea magic....Dead sea Resort info please

Hi,

We are off on the Celebration in January and wondered if anyone could give us some info re the ports etc.

The one we want to do is the dead sea resort, does anyone know how long it takes to get there on the coach?

Also we are interested in just doing some of the "hotel, beach" trips just to relax, has anyone done these and what are your opinions.

One of our party has walking difficulties so some of the trips will be out of the question? Ive read the Petra excursion wouldnt suit.

We have been on Celebration before, its just the ports we need info on please.

Thanks

Hev

Hi

We did the Dead Sea trip two years ago. I think that the journey time was about 2 hours each way but it was quite interesting travelling through Jordan. We arrived at the hotel and were directed to the sunbeds. We were a party of 4 and I have got to say that I have never laughed so much for years!!!!! Yes, you do float on your back but just try to stand up again - that is when the fun starts!!!! You can be covered in the mud - by a guy standing at the edge with a bucket!!! One of our friends volunteered - it was absolutely hilarious and the mud is really hard to get off. I ended up trying to scrub it off the back of some guy I had never set eyes on in my life before. You then have the option of a dip in the hotel pool but it was absolutely freezing! We just had another short stop at another beach/shopping opportunity on the way back. I think that we must have had a meal at the hotel but I can't remember - all I can recall is laughing so much it hurt.

We also did the Petra trip. Yes, it is a long way down. We walked down with the guided tour and then got a camel one third of the way back, a donkey for the second third of the way and walked the last third. The guys with the donkeys stopped half way and demanded more money - told us a very sad tale about their families and really got quite threatening but 2 mounted police arrived and sorted it all out. The usual experience for that part of the world! There were horse drawn buggies I think but you would need to check on that. It would be impossible for anyone with walking diffulties without transport.

Have a great time.

Sandie

Archived