Car Rentals in Progreso?

byulady

Hi! I'm new to the board although I have been browzing for a while now. Went on my first ever cruise with my mom this past Thanksgiving with NCL Spirit. I had so much fun that I've talked my hubby into taking a shorter trip on the Carnival Triumph on Jan 4th. I had researched my other trip extensively and enjoyed every minute. Now I am researching Progreso to discover the in's and out's of the area.

I went on 1 excursion on the NCL cruise in Guatemala and had a blast...but my other 3 excursions were canceled due to weather/sea issues. In my adventurous moment I rented a scooter in Cozumel and explored on my own. Personally, I found that operating on my own, outside of a tour, was a lot more rewarding. I found that I don't particularly care for the "round-up" attitude with tours.

So, now I'm trying to figure out a way to explore Progreso, Merida and take in a ruin without a tour operator plotting my course. Can someone point me to a car rental agency in the area? And any suggestions on what to see would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

A newbie to the cruising world.

Archived