Crooked tree wild life

gheardy

Have any one ever done the crooked tree wild life before?

I will be in Belize second week in Feb on NCL.

I love to bird watching.

I heard a lot about Crooked tree.Seems like no one ever been there.

No one ever recomend Crooked tree wild life. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this up, because I would also like some info on this place. I found a tour operator who is offering a 4 hour tour to Crooked Tree and it sounds like something I would enjoy, but I would like to hear from somebody who's actually been there. Are the birds easy to see or are they hidden in the trees and you need binoculars to see them? Are there other animals there as well? Once at the Sanctuary do you drive through or do you get out and walk?

Sheila

I have heard from a friend that when I visit Belize in a couple of weeks that Crooked Tree is something worth seeing. We're going to be on the Grand Princess and taking the tour through the cruiseline. We're only in Belize 6 hours and Princess will allow their tours off the ship first as one must use tenders.

Good Luck!!

Bob P

Westcliffebob,

Please let us know your opinions on it when you return. I'd like to hear what you thought of the place, good or bad. Unfortunately our ship doesn't offer a tour to there (at least I didn't see it listed), so we'll book through an independant guide if we decide to go.

Sheila

I have mail http://www.*****, they have mail me and says the birds is not hard to see. You will be able to see crocodiles. It is a boat ride through the lagoon for about two hours.I am wondering about this tour if it's worth it.seems like no one did this before.I will be in Belize on Feb 9th wednesday. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had book up with ***** for the Crooked Tree wild life Sanctuary.

They says you don't need binoculers.They says it is the best place to do bird watching, crocodiles, This a tour through the Lagoon, we may be able to see howler monkeys. It sounds very interesting.We have a group of 6

This tour is 5 hours. I will tell you all about my tour when I get back. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Mslaabs,

I had a great time with ***** , We had 3 hrs on the boat. The water was very low, the boat had go very slow in the area of the Lagoon, When we got in the river then the boat went much faster. Through the Lagoon we saw all the birds like storks we saw 2 crocodiles, 4 howler monkeys on the river side, and few iguanas.

We saw much of the birds very close, we had use the binoculers for birds that is a distance away. The boat could not go where the water was very low. There is so much to see on the Lagoon.

Hey Chris Margret says she is waiting for you to be her neighbour. :)

Mslaabs,

It was 1 hr traveling to the Sanctuary and 1 hr back to the tourist area.

As the tender arrive at the tourist area, There was Margaret standing with a sign with my name.They pick you up at the dock and drop you off back. We were the only group from the ship that was there at the Sanctuary. The ship does not sells Crooked tree wild life. mail mdstourstravel1@yahoo.com :)

Archived