Obstructed View Balconies On Miracle

asalnars

I am thinking of buying an 8 day cruise on the Miracle and I see that on the Upper Deck there are a lot of balcony cabins with obstructed view because of the lifeboats on the deck below. The price of these obstructed view cabins is a fair bit lower than the other balcony cabins.

Have any of the fellow members used any of these obstructed view balconies on the Miracle??. How obstructed is the view???. For me a balcony is real important as I spend hours there but also price is important.

Would appreciate any information on this.

I am thinking of buying an 8 day cruise on the Miracle and I see that on the Upper Deck there are a lot of balcony cabins with obstructed view because of the lifeboats on the deck below. The price of these obstructed view cabins is a fair bit lower than the other balcony cabins.

Have any of the fellow members used any of these obstructed view balconies on the Miracle??. How obstructed is the view???. For me a balcony is real important as I spend hours there but also price is important.

Would appreciate any information on this.

We had an obstructed view balcony on the "Costa Mediterranea" which is the same layout & design. We also sailed the Miracle last year and visited a friends cabin in the same category. They were identical.

The cabin & nbalcony are the same. You will be able to see clearly straight out but you will not have a view directly below you and you will notice the lifeboats below eye level. If the savings is minimal over a standard balcony, I would go with a standard. However, if the savings are substantial I would certainly not hesitate to go obstructed. We saved a lot & didn't regret it.

Have fun!

Bill

We had an obstructed view balcony on the "Costa Mediterranea" which is the same layout & design. We also sailed the Miracle last year and visited a friends cabin in the same category. They were identical.

The cabin & nbalcony are the same. You will be able to see clearly straight out but you will not have a view directly below you and you will notice the lifeboats below eye level. If the savings is minimal over a standard balcony, I would go with a standard. However, if the savings are substantial I would certainly not hesitate to go obstructed. We saved a lot & didn't regret it.

Have fun!

Bill

we got a good price on the HAL Infinity to Alaska(sept 09)through a vacation club and did not know we had a lifeboat under us... it was not bad but..... well if we had to get off the ship fast we could just jump down...ha ha ... we got what we paid for.... I would still do that then just a window. enjoy your cruise...its snowing in Chiacgo...sad...:(

Archived