Separate Sleeping Arrangements

larryvel

I will be travelling on the EPIC on October 2, 2010. I am travelling with a niece. I tried both NCL and my travel agent to see what kind of arrangements for two travelling that need separate beds. I was told that at this time neither NCL or the agent can tell me what kind of room has a pull out couch. So I booked a AC Penthouse and was told that maybe it will hold a roll-a-way bed but that I would have to wait until the ship is built before any more information can be given. I think that NCL should at least have whether or not a couch is available in the rooms.

NCL's web site provides this plan for Epic's AC Penthouses:

200x120_EPIC_CourtyardVilla.gif?scale=100

http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-experience/accommodations/the-villas/

Crazy - the penthouses only sleep two guests, what's up with that? The bed in the rendering looks like the beds in the insides and balconies, but in those descriptions it states clearly that there are two single beds that convert to a queen, so I'm not as sure now as I was in my first post... I have to say, in my opinion if they've made it so that the penthouses are only useful to people who want to sleep in the same bed, they've made a serious error in judgement.

I agree with the OP; this information should be available.

I will be travelling on the EPIC on October 2, 2010. I am travelling with a niece. I tried both NCL and my travel agent to see what kind of arrangements for two travelling that need separate beds. I was told that at this time neither NCL or the agent can tell me what kind of room has a pull out couch. So I booked a AC Penthouse and was told that maybe it will hold a roll-a-way bed but that I would have to wait until the ship is built before any more information can be given. I think that NCL should at least have whether or not a couch is available in the rooms.

In fact they should know and may do. The AC has no sofa and only a true queen bed. I would not count on a roll away fitting in the cabin.

All the balcony and deluxe balcony cabins have twin beds that can be made up as a queen and a sofa bed. Some even have a 4th Pullman bed.

If you want the suite perks your only choice is the A3/A5 that in fact have two bedrooms. That is the floorplan above.

None of the Inside, Studio, AC, and SA have a sofa. The inside do have twin beds.

Expect the AC layout to look like this early rendering from the design company:

148910026_AC07-PS1b.jpg.3551565709c01703493df4290769980d.jpg

Crazy - the penthouses only sleep two guests, what's up with that? The bed in the rendering looks like the beds in the insides and balconies, but in those descriptions it states clearly that there are two single beds that convert to a queen, so I'm not as sure now as I was in my first post... I have to say, in my opinion if they've made it so that the penthouses are only useful to people who want to sleep in the same bed, they've made a serious error in judgement.

I agree with the OP; this information should be available.

Before you say crazy - the floorplan above is an A3 and it sleeps 6 not 2. That is a true queen in the master bedroom (2), the second small bedroom has has a sofa bed and a pullman bed, and finally in the living room is a double sofa bed.

No error in judgement. For the first time NCL has far more penthouses that sleep a whole family then the handful that only sleep 2. In fact the penthouse capacity on the Epic is about 350 passengers with only ~40 of them in 2 person suites.

Before you say crazy - the floorplan above is an A3 and it sleeps 6 not 2. That is a true queen in the master bedroom (2), the second small bedroom has has a sofa bed and a pullman bed, and finally in the living room is a double sofa bed.

No error in judgement. For the first time NCL has far more penthouses that sleep a whole family then the handful that only sleep 2. In fact the penthouse capacity on the Epic is about 350 passengers with only ~40 of them in 2 person suites.[/color]

Are you sure? When I followed the link above, this is what I saw:

Courtyard Penthouse and Penthouse*

Sleeps 2 guests

• 6 Courtyard Penthouses available in The Villas complex

• 7 Penthouses available on aft decks 10-13*

• Access to Concierge Lounge

• Living and dining area

• Luxurious bathroom with separate shower

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club (dining)

So, there may be other categories available that accommodate more people, but anything called a 'penthouse' appears to have a 2 guest maximum, which I definitely think is crazy. Of course, you can feel free to consider it as sane as you want. :p

Are you sure? When I followed the link above, this is what I saw:

Courtyard Penthouse and Penthouse*

Sleeps 2 guests

• 6 Courtyard Penthouses available in The Villas complex

• 7 Penthouses available on aft decks 10-13*

• Access to Concierge Lounge

• Living and dining area

• Luxurious bathroom with separate shower

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club (dining)

So, there may be other categories available that accommodate more people, but anything called a 'penthouse' appears to have a 2 guest maximum, which I definitely think is crazy. Of course, you can feel free to consider it as sane as you want. :p

I am sure. Those penthouses make up 26 of the ~350 penthouse passengers. The only other penthouses for 2 on the ship are the 8 SAs. So my number was a little off with 42 total in penthouse s for 2. There are another 46 courtyard villas that sleep 6 and and 8 owners suites that sleep 4 making up the majority (308) of the penthouse passengers.

For the first time NCL is providing more penthouses for more then 2. Most of the penthouses on every other NCL ship only accomadate 2. The target was never in the past to make these family bunk rooms but rather focused on an exceptional experience for 2. All the AEs ADs ACs,AAs and A2s on the other ships only sleep two. Not crazy just not for you.

I am sure. Those penthouses make up 26 of the ~350 penthouse passengers. The only other penthouses for 2 on the ship are the 8 SAs. So my number was a little off with 42 total in penthouse s for 2. There are another 46 courtyard villas that sleep 6 and and 8 owners suites that sleep 4 making up the majority (308) of the penthouse passengers.

For the first time NCL is providing more penthouses for more then 2. Most of the penthouses on every other NCL ship only accomadate 2. The target was never in the past to make these family bunk rooms but rather focused on an exceptional experience for 2. All the AEs ADs ACs,AAs and A2s on the other ships only sleep two. Not crazy just not for you.

Okay, so you're grouping all of the villas, etc. together as penthouses. I was just going by that bit I read that specified the penthouses accommodated 2 guests. It's the same, only different... :)

As for me thinking it's crazy, you do realize that I can think anything I want is crazy, right? As I said, you're free to think it's as sane as you want. :)

With the exception of the spa suites, which specifically state that they have round beds, I think all the cabins can accommodate people not wanting to share a bed. The penthouses can accommodate more than two people, so surely they've got more than one bed, right?

I don't think you can split the bed in a studio cabin either.

I don't think you can split the bed in a studio cabin either.

This is in the description:

These Studios for two have two lower beds and a window view to the corridor.

So, you CAN split the bed - it just doesn't split very far! :p I think they'll get a lot of split beds in the studios, actually. I think the idea is going to be really appealing to pairs of singles travelling together - two young women, two young men, that sort of thing. I'll bet on some sailings that Livingroom is going to be quite an experience! :eek:

This is in the description:

These Studios for two have two lower beds and a window view to the corridor.

So, you CAN split the bed - it just doesn't split very far! :p I think they'll get a lot of split beds in the studios, actually. I think the idea is going to be really appealing to pairs of singles travelling together - two young women, two young men, that sort of thing. I'll bet on some sailings that Livingroom is going to be quite an experience! :eek:

I really wonder how they will do the split thing in the Studios... Like you said they won't be far apart lol.

200x120_EPIC_StudioCabin.gif?scale=100

One of the beds will be right up against the closet and mirror. I also don't see a curtain to separate the shower from the room either.

I really wonder how they will do the split thing in the Studios... Like you said they won't be far apart lol.

200x120_EPIC_StudioCabin.gif?scale=100

One of the beds will be right up against the closet and mirror. I also don't see a curtain to separate the shower from the room either.

I think more than any other cabin, anyone choosing to share a studio is unconcerned with privacy and 'personal space'. I can only speak for myself, of course, but I would absolutely have booked one of these with a friend - male or female - when I was younger and single. I might not have wanted to be 'under the covers' with them in the same bed, but it wouldn't have bothered me a bit to be mere inches from them under their own covers, if you know what I mean. As I said on the studio thread, I consider these cabins to be more like dorm rooms - and I think people who do well in dorms, hostels, lodges and similar 'sharing' situations are the ones they're going to appeal to.

I think more than any other cabin, anyone choosing to share a studio is unconcerned with privacy and 'personal space'. I can only speak for myself, of course, but I would absolutely have booked one of these with a friend - male or female - when I was younger and single. I might not have wanted to be 'under the covers' with them in the same bed, but it wouldn't have bothered me a bit to be mere inches from them under their own covers, if you know what I mean. As I said on the studio thread, I consider these cabins to be more like dorm rooms - and I think people who do well in dorms, hostels, lodges and similar 'sharing' situations are the ones they're going to appeal to.

Oh I know what you mean and understand their target audience (me! :p ).

I'm in my mid 20s, single, lived in a dorm with a roommate, etc. BUT I still wouldn't want to see them naked taking a shower in a shower stall with see through glass lol.

I'd like to see a Studio balcony too. I really like the decor of these studios but don't want to get stuck in an inside cabin.

Oh I know what you mean and understand their target audience (me! :p ).

I'm in my mid 20s, single, lived in a dorm with a roommate, etc. BUT I still wouldn't want to see them naked taking a shower in a shower stall with see through glass lol.

I'd like to see a Studio balcony too. I really like the decor of these studios but don't want to get stuck in an inside cabin.

One of the dorms I lived in had shared bathrooms that I had to walk down the hallway to reach. Getting ready to shower was like packing for an overnight trip! It was not uncommon to see people who didn't feel the need to 'pack', though... at least when I travel I get to choose the person I might see half-dressed... :eek: I also worked at a ski resort for a season, spending half the time in a shared condo (with 6 other people, 5 of which were strangers when I arrived) and the other half in a lodge room that I think was likely about half the size of the studio cabins. I'm sure that the variety of situations I've lived in and the amount of cafeteria food I've ingested are probably quite important factors in my ability to adapt and enjoy myself in any cabin, on any cruise that I'm lucky enough to find myself on. :)

Archived