Early Saver Price Change

Boatsie

I submitted an Early Saver Price Change form today (Dec 10, 2PM CDT).

I made my reservations directly through Carnival, so I don't have to mess around with a TA

Read so much about the ES here, some good, some bad; so I'm wondering how mine will come out. I'm especially concerned about the posters who say that they never hear from Carnival after sending in their form.

Here's the situation:

Booked a Category 4C with an ES price of $919.

Today I noticed they were showing a Past Guest (which I am) "Upgrade" promotion for my cruise. The way it worked was if you booked a 4A at a price of $879, you got an upgrade to 4C for that price. So a 4C now costs $879 vs. $919 (amount I paid).

The promotion also has an upgrade from 4C to 4E at a price that is $939 (which is more than I paid).

I'm concerned that they'll offer me the "upgrade" to 4E (which is to a deck under the public areas that I don't want) vs. the $102 difference.

The way that I understand the ES program to work is that if you find a lower price for the SAME category, date, #pax--Carnival will give you an OBC in the amount of the difference. So even though this is an "upgrade" program, under the terms of the ES program, I should be given the credit...right?

Have any other ES people ever experienced this type of situation?

I'll post the outcome.

If the 4C price is now 939 and you paid 919, you will not get a credit or an upgrade. unless you pay the difference in the price. At least that is what I was told when I called about our cabin when they had the same promotion going on a couple of months back. If however the price drops to your current price then you would get the better category cabin for that price.

If the 4C price is now 939 and you paid 919, you will not get a credit or an upgrade. unless you pay the difference in the price. At least that is what I was told when I called about our cabin when they had the same promotion going on a couple of months back. If however the price drops to your current price then you would get the better category cabin for that price.

I don't want an upgrade at all.

I want credit for price difference from what I paid for a 4C under ES ($919) for what is would cost me for a 4C today ($879) which is what a past guest would pay booking a 4A with an automatic upgrade to the 4C.

In other words, if I hadn't booked this cabin as an Early Saver, and instead waited until today, I would pay over $40 less per person (to get a 4C)....isn't that what booking ES is supposed to prevent?...someone paying less for the same category that you booked earlier?

I did it! There were many offers of *free* upgrades for past guests. It started out as just a 2 catergory upgrade.. by the time I got my last drop, it was 4A to a 4H (our cabin) So we dropped from $644 to $489... Now, I did FINALLY get that credit today! My TA was on the 2n NY trip when the price dropped and her assistant submitted... no response. My TA went and submitted again 3 more times all stating it was sent in on 11/13.. but it was worth it for $60!!

I am confused. When we booked and took advantage of the early saver rate, we were able to choose our exact cabin for that rate, even though there was a fun select rate also that was a higher price. Now when watching for price drops am I looking for the rate that you choose a category and Carnival chooses a cabin, or Fun Select where I choose my exact cabin.

What about the Pack and Go rate, Carnival still chooses your cabin for that published rate. As stated when I booked I was able to choose the exact cabin I wanted. Does anyone know the answer to this?

That is not correct. The price of a 4C for a past guest is $879. OP did a good job explaining it. They can get the obc for the 4C OR pay to upgrade to 4E.

I am confused. When we booked and took advantage of the early saver rate, we were able to choose our exact cabin for that rate, even though there was a fun select rate also that was a higher price. Now when watching for price drops am I looking for the rate that you choose a category and Carnival chooses a cabin, or Fun Select where I choose my exact cabin.

What about the Pack and Go rate, Carnival still chooses your cabin for that published rate. As stated when I booked I was able to choose the exact cabin I wanted. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Guarantee rates are considered a lower category, so you can not match to those prices under early saver. We've even had one report on here from someone who was trying to UPGRADE to a guarantee (from a 1A cabin) and was turned down.

I'll give it a shot.

"Fun Select" is Carnival-speak for a regular fare, which is usually the highest price. (YOU choose the category and specific cabin)

"Early Saver" is supposed to be the lowest rate, but you have to put up a non-refundable deposit, in return you have the ability to request price drops on your category up to 2 days before sailing. They stop this fare a couple of months before the ship sails. It is usually the cheapest rate available during the ES period. (YOU choose the category AND specific cabin)

"Fun Saver" is Carnival-speak for "Guarantee" rate. It is cheaper than 'Fun Select.' (YOU choose the BROAD (OV or Inside) category, CARNIVAL assigns the cabin) There's no need to check this fare type when looking for price drops that apply to ES.

"Past Guest" "Senior Rate" "Resident Rates" are special prices reserved for those who apply. They are usually put on after the "Easy Saver" period ends if there are still a lot of cabins available. In some cases they offer lower prices, and in others they give upgrades from a lower category. (YOU choose the category AND specific cabin) In other cases they offer a lower rate with just a "guarantee."

Other promos like "pack and go" and such are like "guarantee" rates, so they don't apply to ES price drops.

As I understand it, if you are looking for price breaks on your ES, you need to make sure the lower rates apply specifically to your EXACT Category.

All ES rates are for cabins and category YOU have selected; so if a lower "guarantee" rate comes up for just an OV room--with no category identified--even though you booked an OV room, you can't get that lower rate.

If, however, a lower Fun Select/Past Guest/Senior/Resident rates comes up for the EXACT category you booked and it allows selection of cabins in that category, then you are eligible for the credit. These are the areas that produce the ES credits, so make sure you have all the boxes checked when looking for lower prices. Carnival is quite sly, because I sometimes find that the checked "special rate" boxes magically become "unchecked" when I go from one screen to the next. If the boxes aren't checked, the special rates won't show.

This is what I'm trying to get now, so I'll let you know if it works out. I haven't gotten any confirmation from Carnival yet, but it's only been about 9 hours since I applied.

My price dropped. Sent in form..........they responded that the tax price had dropped and that made the cruise price lower so no adjustment...........

I did send in an earlier price drop and got it with no problem, but I guess it was not the tax price that had changed

HI I had a ES rate for my cruise in Feb.and I was paid in full I saw the price dropped with the added promotion of the senior and past rate in the same catergory. I submitted the form and the next day they honored it. I checked my documents a few days later and I had a $80.00 OBC credit listed. I know that Cabin upgrades like this have been denied in the past, but as long as it's "apples to apples" they will honor it.

That was my experience

Bill

HI I had a ES rate for my cruise in Feb.and I was paid in full I saw the price dropped with the added promotion of the senior and past rate in the same catergory. I submitted the form and the next day they honored it. I checked my documents a few days later and I had a $80.00 OBC credit listed. I know that Cabin upgrades like this have been denied in the past, but as long as it's "apples to apples" they will honor it.

That was my experience

Bill

I'm still waiting for Carnival to respond (it's been 23 hours and counting).

How did you get notification that they honored your request?

Where does and OBC credit show up on the website?

Guarantee rates are considered a lower category, so you can not match to those prices under early saver. We've even had one report on here from someone who was trying to UPGRADE to a guarantee (from a 1A cabin) and was turned down.

Not true. I purchased a guarantee non ES and paid in full. They have the past guest promo on now, and although we will not receive OBC, they have "upgraded" us from the riviera deck to the verandah deck in same type of cabin.

I would think Boatsie should have no problem. Hope all goes well :)

I'm still waiting for Carnival to respond (it's been 23 hours and counting). I heard back from them 48 hours after I had sent in my form.

How did you get notification that they honored your request?

They sent me an e-mail conformation.

Where does and OBC credit show up on the website?

Can't help you with this, my price reduction was before final payment.

Good luck with your price drop. I hope you get it!

Okay, I've read this thread a couple of times---and I'm really not stupid :D---but I don't quite get it.

We are taking Carnival Sensation on 1/17 to Bahamas from Port Canaveral. We booked a penthouse suite using the Early Saver rate a year ago. Carnival rep picked a cabin for us. Now, I know we can still get an OBC up to two days prior to sail if the rate drops. I'm just not sure from checking how to tell if the rate has dropped or not. I think not, but ???

Checking all of the discount boxes and looking at suite staterooms (which it says includes categories JS, OS, and GS), it looks like the senior rate is lower. But then it doesn't give us a choice of GS, which I think is Grand Suite, which I think is a penthouse. ??

I guess I can always send it in and see, right? It's very confusing! :confused:

Okay, I've read this thread a couple of times---and I'm really not stupid :D---but I don't quite get it.

We are taking Carnival Sensation on 1/17 to Bahamas from Port Canaveral. We booked a penthouse suite using the Early Saver rate a year ago. Carnival rep picked a cabin for us. Now, I know we can still get an OBC up to two days prior to sail if the rate drops. I'm just not sure from checking how to tell if the rate has dropped or not. I think not, but ???

Checking all of the discount boxes and looking at suite staterooms (which it says includes categories JS, OS, and GS), it looks like the senior rate is lower. But then it doesn't give us a choice of GS, which I think is Grand Suite, which I think is a penthouse. ??

I guess I can always send it in and see, right? It's very confusing! :confused:

What CATEGORY and stateroom number is showing on your confirmation reservation?

OK, here's the story so far.

Today I received an E-mail from Carnival saying that they approved my price drop. They applied $80 credit to my final payment (not due until the end of January). Yay!

HOWEVER, the taxes and fees remained the same, whereas the Carnival site showed the taxes and fees dropped $22.00 on ALL cruise categories. (Could it be that they overshot on their port charges? I don't suspect they got a tax break from Uncle Sam.)

I sent back an e-mail inquiring about the reduction--requesting an OBC for the difference.

I know I should be happy about the $80 (and I am) but, come on, $22 is 3 drinks!

Stay tuned.

On our Dec. 5th Fantasy cruise we got a $120.00 obc 2 days before we sailed. We found the reduced rate, filled out the form, e-mailed it in, checked with our pvp the next day and was told it went through. On the 2nd day of the cruise we got a note in our room that our account had a obc for that amount.

Archived