International vs Ameican crew

kruzkid

What type of crew does a better job?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What type of crew does a better job?

• American Crew does a better job
    • International Crew does a better job
    • I can't tell a difference

Hey everyone, I'm doing a report on American companies and how they give jobs to foreign workers to avoid paying US wages. Part of my report is the service aspect of the whole thing, and weather or not International workers provide a better service to their customers. For those of you that have sailed a US flagged ship, such as POA or PoH while it was around, as well as an international ship in the fleet, I would love yo hear your opinion. Thanks!

Cruise lines are a global industry. I think any industry is going to go to where the labor is less expensive. It isn't a matter of U.S. flagged ships vs any other country, look at what the cruise industry as a norm.

Cruise lines are a global industry. I think any industry is going to go to where the labor is less expensive. It isn't a matter of U.S. flagged ships vs any other country, look at what the cruise industry as a norm.

I think POA hires a lot American's. So I would guess a comparison could be made. Unfortunately, not by me as I've only sailed on cruises where most the crew were not American's.

Good luck with your report. :)

In asking such a question of cruisers would only give you opinions, not something you could really use for research. Do you have the intention of formulating a series of specific questions that might actually be termed a clinical study?

We just returned from Pride of America. After having read old reports of poor service etc. I was very pleased to experience the same level of service as I'd had on other ships which had all foreign nationals for crew. As a matter of fact, I found that there was more cohesiveness & less competition between workers. It was the common shared language and western culture that made this package so workable and good, I think. Some of the native English speakers were not American, but Australian, English and New Zealand. And most of the people from other countries spoke English about as well as they spoke their native tongues.

I personally liked the product better than the other cruising experiences.

I was just trying to get an opinion on americans vs workers from other nations and how they compare doing the same jobs (in this case table waiting, bartending, ect.) and this deffinatly gave me what I was looking for! thanks!

Archived