Victory, Valor or Triumph?

LegalCat

We are looking at the following cruises:

Victory, May 1, San Juan, Tortola and St Thomas

Valor, April 10, Nassau St Thomas and St Maarten

Triumph, May 7, San Juan, St Thomas, St Maarten

If you guys could give some suggestions/recommendations/etc I would really appreciate it.

For the cruise we are looking at the cabins are in the same price range so price isn't a factor.

The only port we haven't been to is Tortola so I'm tempted to say thats the one we should take, however, I know Valor is the newest of the ships and we generally don't spend a lot of time in port anyway so its not going to be a big deal if we go to the same ports again.

Since I cruise for the ship, not the ports, it's an easy decision for me. I'd go with the Valor. I hate Nassau but staying on the ship during port days is really great. I know there are a couple of nice excursions there but I'd rather skip them. St. Thomas & St. Maarten are both wonderful and anything you do there will probably be fun. I prefer snorkeling over shopping but both islands have easy access to both. My experience in San Juan was less than desirable and I avoid it if at all possible.

I think we really sail more for the ship than the ports too... normally when we are in a port for the first time we will get off the ship and take a look around, but on a couple of occasions we have gotten off for about 10 minutes then gotten right back on, lol. We have been to Nassau three or four times and St. Thomas and St. Maarten once each... I doubt we would get off in Nassau but we might get of in St. Thomas to do some shopping as I got some really great diamond deals there last year. But either way, we are quiet happy to just stay on the ship.

I'm leaning towards the Valor because its the newest.

Well we on a cruise out of San Juan last April and we spent 4 days pre-cruise in SJ so we really aren't too concerned about time spent there... But yeah, the Valor seems like it may be the way to go... its only going to cost us about $40 more total each to go on the Valor over the Triumph...

Well, I called my reservations agent and they can't give us the family discount on the Valor because its too new, so I decided to book the Victory. We got a good discount and upgraded to an 8C for the price of a discounted 8A... works out to be exactly the same price as the RCCL cruise we had planned out of SJ, but we get a much newer ship, a balcony cabin, and an extra day of sailing, plus we don't have to fly to SJ, PR.

Archived