Godfrey Tours

Did this tour last January. Was EXCELLANT for the $$. He first took you to town for shopping. Then he did the island tour. Then he would drop you off at any of 3 beaches - Magen's, Sapphire, or Coki (sp?) or take you back to the ship for anyone who didn't want to beach. Then he would pick you up from beach and take you back to ship. 3 of us did the tour while a 4th in our party went diving. The diver then met up with us at Magen's after his dive. There was an open spot on the bus from someone who had already gone back to ship after tour and we asked about the diver going back to ship with us rather than having to take cab by himself again. Godfrey agreed and wouldn't take any $$ for adding him on the trip back. He is VERY personable. Drives like a sane person - a rarity on the islands! :D And certainly beats ship excursions in price. Enjoy!! :)

Cruisin Together,

I will be there in March also. We are on Navigator of the Seas. Thanks for your help, I didn't realize he offered you a time to pick you up. Do you know approx. how many his tour bus holds? I am going with a large group of people although I'm not sure how many would be interested in going.:)

Email him but he seems to only check his email every 4-6 days. The website has a photo of a van (safari) that holds 15 or so. He seems vefr accomodating and willing to make your day nice.We have booked for mid February- we are on the Celebrity Horizon.

Purplebubbbie

We highly recommend it. He is so knowledgeable about St Thomas as well as being very pleasant. I would have to say it was one of the best tours we have taken. Great value for the money when you figure he takes you downtown for shopping 1, 2 or 3 hours, then 2 hour island tour, then 2 hours at beach (either Sapphire, Coki or Magen's) We picked Sapphire and had a great time. I echo Linda's (Mellow) comments above.

Enjoy,

George

We would do Sapphire Beach if going again. It is really pretty and not nearly as crowded as Magen's Bay. But we had already made arrangements to meet our diver at Magen's and didn't have any way to tell him to go to Sapphire instead.

We have Godfrey booked during our March cruise. After emailing him, he was very timely in responding to us. Even sent a Happy New Year email! He's picking up at the dock at 10 am (we had a choice of 9, 10, or 11). He'll take us downtown to shop and pick us up at noon. We then have a 2 hour tour of the island and then to one of 3 beaches (Sapphire, Coki, or Magen's Bay). I told him we'd like to go to Sapphire beach based on comments I've read here on the boards. I'm sure we'll have a great time. I haven't heard one negative thing about his tours.

Robin

We did Coki Beach with Godfrey last year because dh and the kids wanted to snorkle. I echo the sentiments stated above. This tour was an absolute steal and one of the best days of our vacation. We tipped him an extra $20 because we enjoyed it so much. We too got the Happy New Year email:) . Godfrey's a gem.

Archived