Sights and Sounds of Belize tour anyone?

Splatt

I am trying to book something for my parents and looking for feedback from anyone about this excursion.

I did this tour in the spring-wasn't expecting much. I ended up thouroughly enjoying the tour.

Olde Belize is quite poor and you will see some of that poverty on your trip- but if you can get past the poverty, there will be some nice architecture and interesting history. During the tour, the guide will drive around the city and show you some places of interest. Afterwards, they stop at the Olde Belize Museum where you learn more about the history with some interesting displays. They have some singers and musicians that perform native song and dance. I really enjoyed the performance.

We had originally planned on doing something else, but we were tired after 3 intensive port days and decided to do a lower key tour.

Overall, it was a nice day and stress free day.

For a more intensive tour- I highly recommend the river and ruins tour- We did that two years ago. The first half was a scenic cruise down a river where we spotted a lot of native wildlife and then we rode a bus to Altun Ha to see Mayan ruins. This was an all day trip though compared to the Sights and Sounds tour which lasted 3 hours.

Archived