FLL to port transportion?

acetray

We are leaving on the crown princess in april. We are flying into FLL that morning and I am wondering what the best way to get to the port is? there will be 6 of us that will be traviling together. would it be best to take 2 cabs or should be try to book a shuttle of some time. the biggest issue would be cost. thanks for your help

from the port page on cruise critic

Cruise lines typically provide shuttle services between Port Everglades and the two airports that serve Ft. Lauderdale (Miami and Ft. Lauderdale), but you must sign up -- and pay for them -- in advance. Check with your cruise line for more specifics. If you're flying into Miami, the airport provides taxi and shuttle transportation to Port Everglades. Shuttles are about $30 per person, and taxis run about $75 for up to five people.

star2.bmp Another good option, whether you're traveling to or from the cruise port, is SAS Transport Service. Rides cost as little as $15 per person between the port and airport, but there's a minimum of three people. If services are only for two, you'll just end up paying for the price of three ($45).

A car service shoudl be cheaper for sure. Most have vans that will take all 6 together. I booked SAS based on a number of good reviews on this board and did NOT have a good experience. The wait at the airport was VERY LONG and the van was a stinky/smokey mess. The driver was pleasant but after the long wait and the stench the trip could not be salvaged. I would NOT recomend them.

We are leaving on the crown princess in april. We are flying into FLL that morning and I am wondering what the best way to get to the port is? there will be 6 of us that will be traviling together. would it be best to take 2 cabs or should be try to book a shuttle of some time. the biggest issue would be cost. thanks for your help

Most cost effective method would probably be 2 cabs. Have the cab starter get you 2 mini-vans for 3 people each and luggage. Cost will be $12-$15 per cab plus tip. No waiting for shuttle, direct to the ship, no hassles and cheapest way to go. Assuming your flight is into FLL and ship leaves from Port Everglades.

Archived