Local Beer

JOHN 57

• 3 weeks later...

John, I recently corresponded with Reyno, of Reyno Tours, who we've used on both visits to Dominica. He told me of a restaurant that serves the local food you may be interested in. It is at the entrance to Trafalgar Falls, a very popular sight on the island to see. The restaurant's name is the River Rock Cafe at Trafalgar. Contact Reyno at reynotours@hotmail.com if you want further info or if you'd be interested in a tour of any length. He's a great guy and would be happy to help you with information. We will definitely use his services again when we visit Dominca again.

what does he reyno charge for the park entrance fees, we are first time visiters and booked with him, can you give me additional costs other then the 40.00 he is chargeing ...what is included and will we have to buy our own beer? how much? what about snorkel equipment at champange beach, can you give me more detailed info before we actually go with him, i hate monetary surprises! thanks a million

Curley, the park fees will depend upon which tour you are booked for. When we toured with Reyno last Feb, he had a cooler with beer and local sodas for us, and it was complimentary. We had our own snorkel equipment with us, but I believe the fees at Champagne Reef were about $10-12 for a set of equipment. There is also a fee for entrance to the marine preserve at Champagne Reef of $3 pp. Hope this helps!

Curley, the park fees will depend upon which tour you are booked for. When we toured with Reyno last Feb, he had a cooler with beer and local sodas for us, and it was complimentary. We had our own snorkel equipment with us, but I believe the fees at Champagne Reef were about $10-12 for a set of equipment. There is also a fee for entrance to the marine preserve at Champagne Reef of $3 pp. Hope this helps!

HI,

Do you have to use a tour to go to Champagne Reef or can you get a taxi? If so are there going to be taxi's when you are ready to go back in to town? How far out is Champagne Reef?

Thanks for your help

Mach1, you can go to Champagne Reef on your own, using a taxi, and taxi's are available as you exit the port. I believe it was about a 10-15 minute drive from Roseau, but I don't know what the cost of the taxi would be. There is, in addition to the snorkel rental, a snack bar, where you can get drinks and some food if you get hungry while you're out there.

Archived