Suffering from post cruise depression

FlipFlopFanatic

I just have to tell everyone here where the car took me...Winter solstice...pm...4:30 to 9:30 PM. I found a new coffee shop here in my little mountain valley area. I got some paper work done and got to watch from this upper balcony area the "alpenglow" sunset on the top of this little ski area and the cars coming home after a Monday on the slopes. They had a unique power line failure in the middle of the wire between 2 poles on Saturday and generators had to get folks down...slopes closed on noon Saturday...so maybe a few cut school today...this is the more local folks area and my dad likes to brag that he skis free...and he should...at 75 still at it and they give folks free passes at this

point...so many a year...Blessings of the Season...sjn911 I'd love to hear more anecdotes...keep them coming...please...sjn

We just got off the Fascination on Saturday and had a wonderful time. But now I'm so depressed.:( How will I ever make it to next December??? I'm so sad.

I feel your pain everytime. That's why the second i walk onto a cruise i'm having fun (even during the Muster drill i have a drink in my hand).

• 1 year later...
I am hoping to sneak in a little on sometime this summer...I just don't know if it's possible financially.:( I just couldn't get over the fact that nobody was there to turn down my bed for me....and there was no towel animal waiting there at the foot of my bed. I literally had tears in my eyes. We are in Pittsburgh...where the sun NEVER shines. I don't know how I will make it through winter. I can't leave CC though...it may be the only thing that will help me. If I can't BE on a ship I suppose the next best thing is to read about them. I'll be booking in Jan. for December. So from now till then..I'll be here on CC and researching ports and ships. I am just so thankful we are able to cruise. We are all so lucky!

You always have the pirates there to help you get thru the summer!;)

Interesting that this thread disappeared over a year ago and is now back. PCD(post cruise depression) can hit at any time.

you think you are doing OK, and then you hear Jimmy Buffet-and you start whimpering....book a cruise. You are fiddling with the radio and you hear steel drum music, and the next thing you know, your car is now headed to the closest port-book a cruise.:rolleyes:

The very first cruise we took, I was sobbing in front of the Customs person during debarktion. He asked me what was wrong and I just said "It's Over". I now always have in the back of my mind the plans for our next cruise. We are going on the Freedom in May 2011 and I am already thinking about a Dec. 2011 cruise on the Magic.

I'm going through the post cruise depression too. I just got off the Freedom on Saturday, and going back to work today, making my own bed, and cooking my own meals was horrible. so now it's time to start looking at future ones in hopefully a year!

Archived