Need Info on Excursions at Grand Turk, Aruba, Curacoa, Samana, DR, and Bonaire

TN Cruise Traveler

We will be traveling on the Noordam in January and would love to hear about peoples' experiences with excursions at the above locations. Of special interest are snorkel excursions but info on all would be appreciated.

Also, if you could mention anything about the excursion that would stop you from doing it with a tender ankle, I would appreciate it.

Also, info on Half Moon Cay excursions

Thanks!

PS through the ship and independent

We will be traveling on the Noordam in January and would love to hear about peoples' experiences with excursions at the above locations. Of special interest are snorkel excursions but info on all would be appreciated.

Also, if you could mention anything about the excursion that would stop you from doing it with a tender ankle, I would appreciate it.

Also, info on Half Moon Cay excursions

Thanks!

PS through the ship and independent

I have snorkeled all the islands you have requested information. I need to know if you are beginner, average or experienced snorkeling. If you have a tender ankle an excursion may not be for you since most snorkel excursions from motor boats or sailboats require steps or ladders to get in/out of the water unless the snorkel trip is by beach.

There are excellent snorkel sites in Half Moon Cay, Aruba, Bonaire, etc that you can do on your own (rent a car or taxi or just tender into Half Moon Cay, very easy). Let me know what you can do or interests you

In Curacao, the snorkeling with Curacao Actief only involves a beach entry, so your ankle should be ok. That was one of the best snorkeling trips we've had -- the 1/2 day Tugboat & reef snorkel tour. As one of our group remarked, "It was like snorkeling in an aquarium" and the coral formations are amazing!

Was Grand Turk built back after the hurricane hit it a while back?

I was on the very first cruise to call in Grand Turk after the hurricane (on Carnival), and have returned one additional time since. There was roof damage to the buildings just down from where the ship docks, and we also found shingles and other minor debris in the sand at the beach. I also saw a couple of windows broken out in the cruise center. It has since been cleaned up. The Flow Rider was not operational either time that we visited. The tree damage will take a long time to improve. The area where the ship docks is very nice. Margaritaville has the largest swim up bar in the Caribbean. Nice gift shops. The sand is not the best I've seen. It is a little rough with small rocks. Overall, it is a very nice area though.

Archived