Ramada Pudong Airport

enyaw

I'll be flying into Pudong the night before my cruise in Shanghai. Thinking of staying at the Ramada -- then taking a taxi into the city to board the ship!

Any comments on the hotel? It looks decent.

Thanks!

if for checking the hotel, I think tripadvisor is a better place for you to ask, you can check the link below which is the people who had already stayed there and made the comment:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=ramada+pudong+airport&geo=308272&hur=&returnTo=__2F__ShowTopic__2D__g308272__2D__i2804__2D__k3270058__2D__Nearest_subway_station_to_holiday_inn_wujiachang__2D__Shanghai__2E__html

We stayed in the Ramada on Nanjing Road in the heart of downtown Shanghai and it was very nice, but with those hard, hard hard Chinese beds and curiously no drawers, only cabinets, but it was very lovely and had a great breakfast buffet.

Shanghai Ramada is so well located on a wonderful lighted pedestrian shopping street that you may want to consider going there and enjoying the active street life for a few hours the day of your arrival and then go to the ship from there instead of staying at the airport. If this works for your schedule. Don't know how late you are coming in.

I love Shanghai so much that I , personally, would hate to not enjoy even a few extra hours on a transfer time there. There, you know my bias. The light, color and activity of that city are beyond compare. You can walk to the marvelous and historic and now newly restored Bund from the Ramada for the real light show across the river as well as the gorgeously lighted Bund buillding themselves.

Or, you could take the Maglev from the Shanghai airport to the last stop and get to a hotel from there, though this puts you on the "wrong" side of the river for the cruise dock.

But bottomline: at least the Ramada we stayed in in Shanghai was very nice, though be warned about the hard beds - it didn't affect our sleep but they certainly are not western style soft.

Archived