Kauai 1/2 Day POA

kadellis

I am traveling in May on POA and was wondering what cruisers suggest for the 1/2 day in Kauai (second day). The ship leaves at 2:00. Suggestions assuming we don't rent a car, although that is a possibility, haven't decided yet on that. Thanks!

I am traveling in May on POA and was wondering what cruisers suggest for the 1/2 day in Kauai (second day). The ship leaves at 2:00. Suggestions assuming we don't rent a car, although that is a possibility, haven't decided yet on that. Thanks!

We had a car and went north to Hanalei Bay and the Lighthouse. We had plenty of time and enjoyed it.

Hi Dusty,

Are you saying the 4x4 was rough on you?

We did a helicopter flight with Island Helicopters who picked us up at the pier.

I saw many people doing last minute shopping at the ABC store which was within walking distance of the pier. Plus, there was a constant shuttle to the shopping area. It's a good place to cash in your $100 in receipts for a mug sourvenir on the last day! I didn't have quite $100 but bought a pack of $9 cigarettes and made it, and got a $5 Hawaii mug free. ha

Hi Dusty,

Are you saying the 4x4 was rough on you?

It was fine for us, our favorite excursion, but for those who have significant back issues this isn't the excursion to select!

My review is almost finished...:o:o

It was fine for us, our favorite excursion, but for those who have significant back issues this isn't the excursion to select!

My review is almost finished...:o:o

I look forward to reading it.

OP, if you will go to the review section for Pride of America you will learn about lots of different activities people did on their last half day in Hawaii.

• 3 weeks later...
We are also not planning to keep our rental car on the second day in Kauai. Are there any beaches near the pier?

Yes, there is a very nice beach less than a mile away, in front of the Marriott Kauai Resort. There is a free Anchor Cove shopping shuttle from the pier that put you within steps to the beach. That was exactly what we did on our November's cruise.

You can check it out using Google map, just type in Nawiliwili Bay, HI. BTW, the map incorrectly labels the location for the Anchor Cove Shopping Center, it should be the row of buildings to the south and on the right side of the highway (Rice St.) next to the beach.

Archived