Turquoise Beach Resort

Rachy817

Froufie....I was just wondering what happened to Juan Carlos Rodriguez? Did you just change your mind or did something go wrong? I was wondering since I am booked with him and he said he would get our passes to the Mayan Princess....

Thanks!!!

Here's the deal - Juan Carlos told us we would be touring with his brother Enrique - however while checking the Roatan boards regularly I started reading 'comments' While JC always got rave reviews those that had toured with Enrique were all disappointed saying they were rushed around and he was not really very personable or a good guide.

So I cancelled as I wanted a good experience and did not want to tour with someone who was not highly recommended.

I was also leery about being 'promised' the passes at the Mayan as no one else could do this and recent reports indicated people were not getting in. When I contacted Rony he said they would certainly try to get us into the MP but it depended on the situation that day....and he suggested some alternates.

I felt his approach was much more realistic and I did not want to get the 'bait and switch' from Enrique if we didn't get in....(I don't actually think anyone can get the passes in advance?.....does anyone have experience with this?)

Please report when you get back on your tour with JC (hopefully not his brother?) and if you had the passes in advance or just showed up at the lobby desk and got them then?

JS - we were recently on roatan, although we did not go to Mayan Princess, we were right next door at Infinity and the beaches were not crowded at all. What ever you decide; I think you will be fine with the timing.

dst, what is Infinity? Can my dh and ds get in a cab and ask to go to Infinity?

I am so confused as to what to do after we zip.

I do not want a crowded beach. We are there until 6 pm. Want to be on the ship at 4:30 pm. Will finish zipping at about 11:30 am (we dock at 10 am). Turquoise Beach is $25 pp, not including cab fare and a 30 minute drive. Do I want to get in a cab with the two girls alone or should my dh wait. If he waits, it is worth it for us to spend $125 to get on a beach plus cab fare for approximately 4 hours?

Please help LOL

Froufie.........Thanks for your honest reply. I saw one review about Enrique and was concerned so I had already sent an email to JC asking him if he was our guide ..that I had requested him and not his brother and he assured me that he was taking us personally. There are 7 of us and my mom is in a wheelchair so that was also a concern about the Mayan Princess passes. He told me that he called and spoke to them and he could get us the passes before picking us up. That was important I explained because my Mom can't be just dumped at a beach with the chair. So hopefully things will go as planned. I will let you know when I return. :)

dst, what is Infinity? Can my dh and ds get in a cab and ask to go to Infinity?

I am so confused as to what to do after we zip.

I do not want a crowded beach. We are there until 6 pm. Want to be on the ship at 4:30 pm. Will finish zipping at about 11:30 am (we dock at 10 am). Turquoise Beach is $25 pp, not including cab fare and a 30 minute drive. Do I want to get in a cab with the two girls alone or should my dh wait. If he waits, it is worth it for us to spend $125 to get on a beach plus cab fare for approximately 4 hours?

Please help LOL

We used a company that came highly recommended (Roatan Cab Tours) we had Cinthia who is born and raised on the Island. We paid a very cheap price (20.00 pp)

Here is what I would recommend - get the tour and Cinthia will drop your DH off to zipline then she will take you to Infinity Bay. Cinthia will stay with you the entire trip, she could then go and pick up your DH and bring him back to Infinity or you could leave Infinity and go get your husband and then have a tour of the Island with Cinthia.

Infinity Bay is near Tabyana (you can see it from the resort) There is no charge to use the resort but they request that you do not use the lounge chairs (they are limited and for the residents/guests) you really do not need the lounge chair the tables/chairs that they offer are right on the water and nicer than the lounges (IMHO)

If you decide to do this and a tour, I would also recommend going over to the East side of the Island, to an area call Parrot Bay - this was as beautiful as Tabyana except we only saw 4 people the entire time we were there......it had a nice little bar and chairs to relax on

Let me know if I can answer any other questions

Archived