Switching room access with minor daughter

penguin fan

We just booked a cruise on Carnival Dream for our family and a teenager who is unrelated to us. Our TA booked me in a cabin with the unrelated female and my husband in a cabin with our teenage daughter because the unrelated female had to be in a cabin with an adult. Obviously, my husband and I plan to share a cabin while my daughter shares a cabin with her friend. How do I get my sail and sign card to access the cabin my husband and I share and my daughter's accesses her "real" cabin? I don't want to carry my daughter's ID and have her carry mine because I will have charging privileges and she won't.

Your S&S card is attached to you not to where you sleep. You can ask them to switch the cards, or you can just ask for extra card keys to the other cabins which will not have any charging priviledges (and 2 would have to keep up with 2 cards).

Just ask them to switch you once onboard if you are worried, but Im sure your card is attached to whichever credit card you show at check in ... to to your cabin.

We've booked multiple cruises the exact same way. Just go to the pursers desk right away and they will switch the passengers between the cabins. They won't do it during the check in process. Just wait until you are on board. Everyone will still have their own S&S cards with their proper signing privileges and access to the cabins you want.

Archived