cruise newbie

caredbasan

hello everybody i am new here. we are planning to go on our first cruise to mexican riviera in march. i am just wondering how is the sea gonna be during march. is it gonna be a rough one. what cruise line is good?

As a general rule, the waters along the Pacific coast of Mexico are mostly calm. You can expect to have cool conditions when the ship is north of Cabo San Lucas. This is due to the California Current, a cool water ocean current that runs south along the US west coast and ends (heads west) just north of Cabo. Some people have reported a bumpy ride when sailing back north (against the current) to US home ports.

Best cruise line ??? That's like asking who makes the best pizza. Every cruise line has a different flavor. :D

Cruise lines have a general theme and that is often reflected in the decor and activities.

Carnival is kinda glitzy and known as party ships (hairy chest contests poolside). http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_splendor/default.aspx?shipCode=SL

RCCL has entertainment features that often appeal to teens and active adults (rock climbing wall, ice skating rink). http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do;jsessionid=0000HeiuNL2URTOc5edK8Vq9ljl:12hbioan0?shipCode=MA

NCL is known for "freestyle" cruising. Hard for me to classify but their dining style is what appealed to us the most. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/shipInformation.html?shipCode=STAR

Princess has a mix of traditional style interiors and both traditional & restaurant style dining. No hairy chest contests poolside. Our cruise line of choice because we like fresh water swimming pools, a slower pace aboard and party in the ports. http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/sa/index.html

There are other lines that cruise the Mexican Riviera but they are bit more expensive and cater to the cruiser that wants a totally relaxed experience.

March is Spring Break time and cruise ships have become the new Daytona Beach as a party destination.

Enjoy!

It's hard to say what cruise line. We have been on NCL, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity & Disney and we are trying RCL next in Feb. Disney was great! We took our adult kids with us and they had a great time! Great service and entertainment! Celebrity had great service! Carnaval had good food, but is very much Party atmosphere.

Our friends really like RCL. So we are doing the MR on the radiance, I think it will be great!

The ships have good stabilizers and so you don't feel the sway so much.

Once you go, you will be hooked on Cruisin!:D

The seas should be fine. The ships are so big, you will not feel much of anything unless the seas are really rought. If you are worried about that, book a cabin near the middle and the lower the better. We always stay on one of the top decks and I have never had a problem.

As far as which cruise line, I agree with other posters that it depends on your preference and how much you want to spend. You can get some good advice here, but get a travel book that will break down each line in detail, they do give some good descriptions.

Archived