What type of shoe?

Jules59

Janine - I also have "problem" feet. No arches (flat feet), and as such, I usually need a wide width. I'm looking at the Nordstrom's page and not seeing any Soffts that appear to be a walking shoe - more sandals and pumps. The Borns may be a better choice, though.

I have found that you can't beat Nordstrom's for their return policy - if you find they don't work for you after wearing them for some time, you can always return them for something that does work. Makes for VERY loyal customers!

I have also found that expensive shoes don't necessarily mean "comfort". I made that mistake with a $300+ pair of heels for my sons wedding - thought I was going to DIE by the time I got those shoes off that night! But most of the time, I do need to pay at the higher end to find comfort for my walking shoes.

I live in my Dansko's right now. I love them. My only fear is that I have rolled my foot off the side once or twice. I certainly don't want a broken foot or ankle on vacation!:eek: I guess I have plenty of time to keep trying different brands until I get it right!

Words to live by and my own expensive lesson learned the same hard way. This is exactly the reason I don't buy on the internet, I don't care the return policy or lack of charges, it's still a hassle to repackage and return shoes. I like to try shoes on and walk in them, I tell the salesperson not to babysit me as I will wear them for a while before paying for them.

Everyone's foot is different. A comfortable shoe for you can be torture for others.

I tried the Kumfs on in a shoe store called The Shoe Mill - they were normally $285, but on sale for $181. I should have bought them on the spot, but again, worried about the return policy. The salesperson was excellent - he actually took me for "a walk" down the mall and back in the shoes. He also explained that the reason we get blisters, sore spots, etc. is not because of the shoes but because of our socks - and suggested a wool (not the itchy kind) sock called "Smart Wool". I would highly recommend them.

Archived