Liquor prices in Legend ports, whose is best?

Delta Dear

We will be sailing on the Legend in Feb. I know you can buy duty free liquor in each port. Are there differences in prices? We would probably want to buy some rum. Of the four ports the Legend stops in, what's a good rum at a good price ? I have no clue exactly what we would buy. Just want to know they compare from port to port. Thanks

We will be sailing on the Legend in Feb. I know you can buy duty free liquor in each port. Are there differences in prices? We would probably want to buy some rum. Of the four ports the Legend stops in, what's a good rum at a good price ? I have no clue exactly what we would buy. Just want to know they compare from port to port. Thanks

What ports are you going too?

If you find a price lower than onboard, the ship will match the price.

I was talking with the onboard shop and said, strange the store in the port, whatever it was, it was $18.00 and onboard was $17.99. I said is this a coincidence?? He said the buyers for that store work in Miami and you can bet they get together with the ships purchaser.

If you want to buy some offbrand stuff, find a local grocery store.

DW and I found the best prices for us were at the Duty Free store at Mahogony Bay in Roatan. A liter of flavored rum that was selling for $11.99 on the Legend was going for $8.50. And we were able to walk in back onto the ship. We bought some rum in Grand Cayman too, but they won't let us carry it aboard. The store sent it to the ship and we got it delivered to our cabin on our last night.

Archived