Questions re 2 spa treatments

Mpowered

Uhhh, make that 3 spa treatments. We have an upcoming Caribbean cruise on the Zuiderdam. I am considering the following three spa treatments and would appreciate any feedback, if you know anything about them.

For the first two, I'm especially interested in benefits for dry skin. For the third one, I have to limit my time in the sun, and I don't tan because I'm a fair-skinned redhead. But it would be nice to have some tanning for this cruise. ;)

My skin is sensitive and a bit fragile, so I don't want any rough treatment! :eek:

Obviously, there is some overlap between 2 and 3.

1. Lime and Ginger Body Massage - Warmed oils drizzled over your body and a sumptuous mixture massaged into the skin to slough away dryness. After an aromatic shower, we delight you with a Swedish massage of the full body.

2. Elemis Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow. An exotic exfoliation ritual to invigorate and bring vitality to your face and body. Warm oil is dripped luxuriously all over your body before our Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow is applied. We then apply our Exotic Island Flower Body Lotion, leaving skin replenished and vibrant. After rinsing away the salts, you'll receive an Elemis Deep Tissue Muscle Massage (half body and full body available).

3. Elemeis Total Glow Self Tanning Treatment. Your skin is prepared with our exfoliating Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow. Then our exclusive Total Glow Self Tanning Cream is luxuriously applied to mimic your own natural color and give you a delightful sun kissed , radiant look within 2-3 hours.

Thanks a bunch!

Joan :cool:

Uhhh, make that 3 spa treatments. We have an upcoming Caribbean cruise on the Zuiderdam. I am considering the following three spa treatments and would appreciate any feedback, if you know anything about them.

For the first two, I'm especially interested in benefits for dry skin. For the third one, I have to limit my time in the sun, and I don't tan because I'm a fair-skinned redhead. But it would be nice to have some tanning for this cruise. ;)

My skin is sensitive and a bit fragile, so I don't want any rough treatment! :eek:

Obviously, there is some overlap between 2 and 3.

1. Lime and Ginger Body Massage - Warmed oils drizzled over your body and a sumptuous mixture massaged into the skin to slough away dryness. After an aromatic shower, we delight you with a Swedish massage of the full body.

2. Elemis Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow. An exotic exfoliation ritual to invigorate and bring vitality to your face and body. Warm oil is dripped luxuriously all over your body before our Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow is applied. We then apply our Exotic Island Flower Body Lotion, leaving skin replenished and vibrant. After rinsing away the salts, you'll receive an Elemis Deep Tissue Muscle Massage (half body and full body available).

3. Elemeis Total Glow Self Tanning Treatment. Your skin is prepared with our exfoliating Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow. Then our exclusive Total Glow Self Tanning Cream is luxuriously applied to mimic your own natural color and give you a delightful sun kissed , radiant look within 2-3 hours.

Thanks a bunch!

Joan :cool:

All of the treatments involve exfoliation, which usually means an abrasive cream/lotion of some sort (like sea salt consistency) combined with a soft skin brush. You might want to check with a local salon/spa about the appropriateness for your type of skin.

Have had both Lime and Ginger treatments. I enjoyed both and my skin felt soft and smooth afterward. I have dry skin but it is not fragile. My skin was not reddened or irritated afterward. Don't really think the salt scrub is all that abrasive, but checking with your local spa might be a good idea.

Just off the Westerdam and if that is any indcation of the HAL spa service, you will be pleased. The spa is very nice, the prices are reasonable and there is no high pressure sales to buy anything. I had the lime/ginger treatment as part of a 3 treatments for $99 special and it was great. I also had a back massage and hot stone massage and all were great. My wife loved her visit and was very pleased with the service. Combined we had 4 sessions and it was one of the highlights of the cruise.

Thanks for the information. It's always helpful to hear from someone who has been there. :-) My skin is fragile from 11 years of taking daily prednisone (but just 5mg). The word "fragile" might be too strong, actually. From what the2ofus and richard1s wrote, I think the Lime & Ginger treatments should be okay. I suppose I can ask for a more gentle application, if necessary. Thanks!

Would still love to hear from anyone else who had these treatments or others that sound appropriate for my goals.

Joan

Archived